Fitting a new wiper arm and blade for a Citroen Xsara Picasso

Found 6th Sep 2015
I'm looking at purchasing a used Citroen Xsara Picasso from a dealer, however, he says that it needs a new wiper arm and blade. Looking at the photo of the car, there just seems to be a silver looking circular disc where the arm should be. Can somebody tell me if a new arm just needs to be screwed in/pushed on, and are there any electrical wires involved to do this?

How easy is it to remove the wiper arm? Only asking, as I'm about to scrap my current Citroen Xsara Picasso, and was wondering if that arm would fit the new car - my current car is a 2001 model (petrol) and the car I'm interested in, is a 2006 model (diesel)?

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.
Community Updates
AskCitroen
8 Comments
Normally it should have a spline on the wiper arm which is just lined up and pushed on and then held on by a nut.

Is there any reason why the dealer won't sort this for you to sweeten the deal? I could understand more if you were buying from a member of the public but you're paying top price from a dealer.
I can't seem to edit my post on the Windows Phone app.

The Xsara Picasso had a facelift in 2004 but not much was changed. Looking at pictures of both they look like the same wiper arm but you could check with the your local Citroen dealership in the parts department.
Not sure on the year of this one but looks like just one nut.
youtube.com/wat…9wQ
Edited by: "kramvic" 6th Sep 2015
Original Poster
Thank you for your help. It's the rear wiper arm that needs replacing, but the video was useful to watch. On my current car, I have a rear wiper arm, etc, but the motor for it has packed up, that's why I was wondering if I could make use of the arm on the car that I'm getting rid of. It's a bit hard to get a close up picture of the back of the car that I'm now looking at - in the photo it just looks like a metal circular disc with a hole in the middle, positioned where the wiper arm should be - I suppose that I need to know if there is a thread and nut there as well (and if the motor is actually working) - I will have to call the seller tomorrow to ask.
Tell the dealer that you want the car and make them fix it as part of the deal, really should be fixed by them if it's a dealer, if they won't walk away what else are they not fixing
Original Poster
eslick

Tell the dealer that you want the car and make them fix it as part of the … Tell the dealer that you want the car and make them fix it as part of the deal, really should be fixed by them if it's a dealer, if they won't walk away what else are they not fixing

Perhaps I used the wrong word 'dealer' - it only appears to be a garage that is selling on cars with MOT to the public - at the moment they only have 3 available. I will call tomorrow though and ask about the rear wiper arm/blade. Thank you.
If they wont fix the wiper arm dont buy the car its s bad sign. Also give the sills a good poke theyre horrendous for rotting but we do get a lot of salt about here
Original Poster
I've been told by the seller that they put a new rear arm and blade on the car for the MOT. The car has now passed the MOT with just two advisories for two tyres.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants