fitting a sealed bathroom light

Banned 17
Found 17th Jan 2009
will this be the same fitting ceiling rose as a normal light, ie will i just have to remove the few wires or the entire ceiling rose with all the wires, hope his makes sense, sorry i dont really know technical terms

1. Misc
  2. Bathroom
17 Comments

Usualy U Remove The Rose And Use The Connector Block On The Fitted Light

You Also By Law Sass Need To Get A Qualified Spark To Do This

Original Poster Banned

ok, thought as much, cheers rappy x

Original Poster Banned

raptorcigs;4104233

yeah and to change a light bulb, and plug, and light switch - lol

Its A Bummer

Original Poster Banned

well ive done a light switch and changed the dangly bit from the rose, but never actually took a rose off as theres more of them wires than just changing the dangly bit - lol

Yep! This Is When A Meter Is Useful

Original Poster Banned

raptorcigs;4104284

Yep! This Is When A Meter Is Useful

I usually just take a photograph of it before i remove, after checking new one got all same holes of course - lol

raptorcigs;4104233

Only for a new installation if there isn't an existing line there already. This would then be notifiable under Part P Building regulations.

You can replace the fitting yourself if you are competent to do so.

LOL @ Sassie not being able to change a lightbulb.

Original Poster Banned

The JFK;4104401

it aint the bulb

LOL at JFK not knowing the difference :roll:

sassie;4104407

it aint the bulbLOL at JFK not knowing the difference :roll:

Did I say I was refering about your issue?

I was just LOLing in general.

Original Poster Banned

lol@ kfj back peddling

You probably know this if you fitted switches/ceiling roses before but the lighting circuit will still be live even though you have it switch off at the light switch so make sure mains is switched off or fuse is off....

Whether the existing ceiling rose can remain in place depends on your new light fitting...

Original Poster Banned

gari189;4104658

You probably know this if you fitted switches/ceiling roses before but … You probably know this if you fitted switches/ceiling roses before but the lighting circuit will still be live even though you have it switch off at the light switch so make sure mains is switched off or fuse is off....Whether the existing ceiling rose can remain in place depends on your new light fitting...

yes i was aware of that gari, but thanks for posting something positive :thumbsup:

The Therapist;4104359

Only for a new installation if there isn't an existing line there … Only for a new installation if there isn't an existing line there already. This would then be notifiable under Part P Building regulations.You can replace the fitting yourself if you are competent to do so.

Not in bathrooms and kitchens. They come under different rules due to the water/electricity risk and ALL work has to be notified to BC. Screw Part P anyway, I completely rewired my old house :lol:

allupandon.co.uk/lig…nes

Banned

Don't know why the men in here are replying. We're all useless according to sassie
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 196 ***1124
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18386809
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771877
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…8251550

See more discussions