fitting shelf to black mortar wall

    What's the safest way to do this guys? Want to put a shelf up to fit a 32inch tv but the wall is that crap black stuff.
    What's the type of fittings I need?


    Thead on this subject below. I havent read it so I cant comment.…01/

    go into your local builders merchants (not b&q) and they will sort you out......

    what do you mean crap black stuff?

    Black concrete blocks? The sort you get the black dust when you drill? Just use coach bolts that come in with tv bracket. If wall is soft then you need the chemical resin available anywhere. It comes in a mastic tube about £6 and some 8mm threaded bar. Just tape up thread as you will never get it off and the nut on bar when set
    Edited by: "wayners" 27th Dec 2016

    Depends on what you're drilling through to get to the blocks. Is it drylined, i.e. dabbed on plasterboard ? If so try drylined pro, unless you're drilling through the dabbed part and you can use a normal wall plug.

    Post a comment
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

      See more discussions