Fixing a pull down tap

Found 10th Jun
I have a pull down kitchen tap which has started leaking. I assume it is the hose that has split. My usual plumber has retired so I guess I'll have to fix it myself. Anyone every done this? If so, is it easy?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Something similar to this Kitchen Sink Tap Replacement Spare Pull Out Spray Hose - GrandTapz (TM) amazon.co.uk/dp/B0055NDJSW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1SxhBb5E2RDM0

Example Video here (which will give you an idea of how easy it could be):

Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 10th Jun
cmdr_elito10 m ago

Something similar to this Kitchen Sink Tap Replacement Spare Pull Out …Something similar to this Kitchen Sink Tap Replacement Spare Pull Out Spray Hose - GrandTapz (TM) amazon.co.uk/dp/B0055NDJSW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1SxhBb5E2RDM0Example Video here (which will give you an idea of how easy it could be):[Video]

That doesn't look too challenging. I'll tackle it tomorrow. My tap doesn't look like any of those but I imagine they are all pretty similar
psychobitchfromhell10 m ago

That doesn't look too challenging. I'll tackle it tomorrow. My tap doesn't …That doesn't look too challenging. I'll tackle it tomorrow. My tap doesn't look like any of those but I imagine they are all pretty similar

I would guess so. Don’t forget to turn off your water before doing any work and drain the system by turning on downstairs and upstairs taps.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 10th Jun
cmdr_elito7 m ago

I would guess so. Don’t forget to turn off your water before doing any w …I would guess so. Don’t forget to turn off your water before doing any work.

Don't worry. I'm not that inept. I've found where the hose connects under the sink and it doesn't look too hard. Thanks for your help. Nigel has handily fitted a shut off valve at the top of the hose but I'll probably turn the whole lot off anyway
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 10th Jun
psychobitchfromhell8 h, 5 m ago

Don't worry. I'm not that inept. I've found where the hose connects under …Don't worry. I'm not that inept. I've found where the hose connects under the sink and it doesn't look too hard. Thanks for your help. Nigel has handily fitted a shut off valve at the top of the hose but I'll probably turn the whole lot off anyway

Sounds like a plan, sorry for pointing out the obvious but some of the questions people post on here (not this one) leave me wondering if we have yet completed the evolution from apes.....

So I now try to be descriptive as possible to prevent flooding or injury.
cmdr_elito16 m ago

Sounds like a plan, sorry for pointing out the obvious but some of the …Sounds like a plan, sorry for pointing out the obvious but some of the questions people post on here (not this one) leave me wondering if we have yet completed the evolution from apes..... So I now try to be descriptive as possible to prevent flooding or injury.

I've worked out what the problem is. There is a nice aesthetically pleasing piece of hose attached to the more functional piece of hose. Over years of twisting and turning, it has unscrewed itself. It should be easy enough to rectify if I can take the top half of the tap off. At the end of the day, I can't make it worse.
Tap now fixed. Took five minutes. Thanks
mutley14 m ago

well done

Thank you. Was easier than I thought it was going to be
psychobitchfromhell4 m ago

Thank you. Was easier than I thought it was going to be

i tend to think jobs are easy until i do it then find i can't, have ballsed it up, or take a blooming long time. i love doing things but i have broken stuff and regretted having tried on many projects

i have broken stuff at home and told my husband they broke by themselves, lol.
mutley13 m ago

i tend to think jobs are easy until i do it then find i can't, have …i tend to think jobs are easy until i do it then find i can't, have ballsed it up, or take a blooming long time. i love doing things but i have broken stuff and regretted having tried on many projects i have broken stuff at home and told my husband they broke by themselves, lol.

I'll turn my hand to most things. I know my limits though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants