Groups

Fixing RROD ( xbox 360)

Got the kit today , whats the best guide for taking apart console, and applying the fix.

Is it worth Modding the console at the same time?

thanks

22 Comments

throw on floor

Original Poster

massmail666;5887188

the fix wont last more than a few months (1-3)worth modding tho

Microsoft won't repair , so its my only option.

i used the ]llama xbox repair guide i did the fix almost a year ago and its still going strong. Also deffo worth modding too imo, just be careful of playing on live.

Original Poster

leecher;5887337

i used the ]llama xbox repair guide i did the fix almost a year ago and … i used the ]llama xbox repair guide i did the fix almost a year ago and its still going strong. Also deffo worth modding too imo, just be careful of playing on live.

Aww wicked cheers, is it possible to open console without the tool?

spobby;5887355

Aww wicked cheers, is it possible to open console without the tool?

Yes, just use a small, flat head screwdriver. I did it with no problems at all.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5887364

Yes, just use a small, flat head screwdriver. I did it with no problems … Yes, just use a small, flat head screwdriver. I did it with no problems at all.

alright thanks.

Did you mod yours aswell?

spobby;5887378

alright thanks.Did you mod yours aswell?

Yeah, thats why i was opening it in the first place

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5887387

Yeah, thats why i was opening it in the first place

ahh right that hard to do, could you pm me some links

spobby;5887393

ahh right that hard to do, could you pm me some links

Just search for JungleFlasher
    :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5887421

Just search for JungleFlasher :thumbsup:

Alright ok , is it differicult, on a scale of 1 to 10?

spobby;5887433

Alright ok , is it differicult, on a scale of 1 to 10?

Assuming you have the right hardware to be able to hook it to your PC, then I'd say about a 3.

All you do is open the console, take out the dvd drive, connect that to your PC, run the software, and put the drive back in the console.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5887448

Assuming you have the right hardware to be able to hook it to your PC, … Assuming you have the right hardware to be able to hook it to your PC, then I'd say about a 3.All you do is open the console, take out the dvd drive, connect that to your PC, run the software, and put the drive back in the console.

alright
    thanks , rep left.

have you run out of warranty?

Original Poster

lukekey;5887472

have you run out of warranty?

Console had supposedly been tampered with :s

spobby;5887507

Console had supposedly been tampered with :s

oh, thats a bit rubbish then,

Banned

Are you able to sell a repaired console on hotuk, that used the xclamp fix?

Original Poster

lukekey;5887665

oh, thats a bit rubbish then,

Yup , hence xclamp.

Its a bit of a lottery, i xclamped one for a friend, worked fine and still works under heavy use 12 months later, however when i did my own i was lucky to get a month out of it.. eventually took the whole board apart and soldered it back together, gave me 3 months that time.. sometimes its just too badly damaged in the first place.. damn microsoft!

have you got the team executer pro kit? done 2 of these repairs now, seem to work a treat, you get the correct bolts washers and pads to put on the memory to put pressure on them, bit pricey but does the business.
    Even repaired the no video but sound error.

Original Poster

ohdaesu;5889777

have you got the team executer pro kit? done 2 of these repairs now, seem … have you got the team executer pro kit? done 2 of these repairs now, seem to work a treat, you get the correct bolts washers and pads to put on the memory to put pressure on them, bit pricey but does the business.Even repaired the no video but sound error.

No i don't just a kit from ebay , they guy had thousands of positive feedback.

Original Poster

im struggling with the 7 clips at the back , there not clicking

Original Poster

Xbox is fixed , for how long who knows
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX33
      2. What do you feel happy about/grateful for today?53407
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
      4. What would be HELL to you?3254

See more discussions