Flamingo land ,worth the money or not?

Found 7th Jul 2012
Hi,we are off to primrose valley soon and the kids are really wanting to go to flamingo land,has anyone been?did you feel it was worth the ticket price?.Also does anyone know of any offers for tickets?,i have had a look on the website and it is a discounted price for booking online but that seems to be the only offer.
Community Updates
MiscFlamingo Land
17 Comments
I think it's worth the money though deals/vouchers are hard to come by.
Once they stand on one leg that's it
what else do they do?
Nothing
You could all stand on one leg at home

Edited by: "OldEnglish" 7th Jul 2012
master_chief

I think it's worth the money though deals/vouchers are hard to come by.

In what way?as in lots to do? kids are 12,5 and 18 months ,enough to keep them amused?have had a look on ebay seems to be a few 2 for 1 vouchers about,just cant make up mind ,to go or not to go!,thanks.
Couple of offers in tomorrows newspapers...

Daily Express - Kids go free(normally with full paying adult) plus free camping
Daily Star - 2 for 1 entry
We've been to Primrose a few times and always spend a couple of days at Flamingo land. Never paid full price as the local Scarborough visitors guide always had discount vouchers such as free child, bogof etc. from memory the guide was a couple of quid but had loads of discount vouchers for various local attractions so more than paid for itself.

Flamingoland is definitely worth the visit. Stuff to do for kids of all ages.
If you go to either Scarborough, Whitby or Pickering tourist information centers you should be able to buy the tickets for £19 each. (defo can at Whitby's anyway)
Edited by: "SBOB1" 7th Jul 2012
Good if you don't pay full price, otherwise a bit pricey IMO
a famaily ticket is £95

over 4 years pay adult prices which is a real con IMO

Standard admission prices Ticket Type Price
Adults and Children
Four years old and over £28.50
Children three years old and under.
Proof of age may be required* Free
Senior Citizens £19.00
Disabled Guests / Carers (each)
Proof required, please refer to our terms of admission £19.00
Family Ticket
(2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children) £95.00
we have been a couple of times and the kids loved it,if you pick up a local paper from a local shop or garage they normally half half price vouchers in them monday to thursday we have rang a local shop before when we have been arriving on the friday and they have kept them aside for us to collect on the friday
OldEnglish

Once they stand on one leg that's it what else do they do? Nothing :(You … Once they stand on one leg that's it what else do they do? Nothing :(You could all stand on one leg at home

LOL, I've never got the whole "flamingo world" concept...... Might as well open up "Weasle universe" or " Mackerel planet" !
We were there the other day, it was dead, no wait times at all, to be honest it was ok, but not worth the £56 or whatever I paid for us to go, I got a 3 for 2 voucher out of the local days out mag that cost about a quid or something, so I saved a bit.

I dunno if I would go again....but yeah there are plenty vouchers kicking about.
Seems they've become more generous with the vouchers since I last went...
There has been no vouchers for years, they must have gave in and realised more people will visit if it's cheaper.

I go every year out of habit...but I wish they would make the place cleaner and employ happy staff with a competent level of English.

It's not a bad day out.
skellysgirl

There has been no vouchers for years, they must have gave in and realised … There has been no vouchers for years, they must have gave in and realised more people will visit if it's cheaper.I go every year out of habit...but I wish they would make the place cleaner and employ happy staff with a competent level of English.It's not a bad day out.

There is its called churchy land were all happy here
Got the star for the vouchers , will wait and see how the weather is but will probably go.
iv been twice and loved it, went to alton towers hate it and a rip off, id go again to flamingoland but a pussy to go on rides.. when im on i say were gona die were all gona die and every 1 on rides look and stare at me 1 guy was in tears laughing at me
I personally think AT is better value even though I live closer to flamingo land.
I tend to stay at AT for two days as the 2 day family pass is not much more than the 1 day at FL. the food is cheaper and better at AT and it has more rides and scarier rides, plus its open later and tends to have theme weekends etc. although the zoo is nice at FL
Edited by: "skellysgirl" 8th Jul 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants