Groups
    EXPIRED

Flash based MP3 player ADVICE PLEASE

hi,
    have seen the deals lately with the sony A818 and zen 16gb and basically want any advice on what people recommend,

price £120 max
    small size
    at lease 8gb
    gapless playback (if poss)

any deals, advice etc appreciated

cheers

3 Comments

this is a good 8gb for nearly half your budget

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

I'm rather a fan of the current creative offerings, they're seriously pretty pieces of kit.

8 gig players are a little thin on the ground at the moment, most flash based players go up to 4 gig.

Looking at the argos one, I have concerns on the interface: I certainly wouldnt enjoy navigating 8 gigs worth of songs with those tiny little buttons.

The biggest bargain I've seen is this:

aria.co.uk/Pro…623

8 gig, a touchscreen which should be better than buttons, and £60

Although I warn that I've had mixed experience with Sumvision players.... some have quite literally been drop proof, chair leg proof and even knock into sink-proof, another didnt survive a week in my pocket.

Personally, I'd go with either a Sony, a Creative or an Apple branded player.
    All have their pros and cons but generally highly rated and well recommended.

Note: If you're looking at old Sony players that require Sonic Stage software/you're on a mac, then I would avoid them. The newer Sony's are drag and drop so they're good to go.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC1315
      2. Best 40 inch TV for £30057
      3. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)812
      4. Android tablet parental control ?22

See more discussions