Flash cs3 but actionscript 3 free rep for help

3 replies
Found 26th Jan 2010
my GF is trying to make a game on flash but she is stuck i am just wondering if anyone no's how to use it and could help?

please any help would be grate as she is stressing out atm

has to be Flash cs3 but actionscript 3 i don't really know what that means but im hoping someone does

also as stated above free rep for help

3 Comments

i may be able to help, but u need to be more specific with what she needs help with lol

Original Poster

gapster;7665259

i may be able to help, but u need to be more specific with what she needs … i may be able to help, but u need to be more specific with what she needs help with lol

i will get her to let u no when i get home mate cheers

Original Poster

hey,
i'm working on some coursework and like john's mentioned it's a game in as3.
it's a pretty 'basic' catching game - you have a character who you move using left and right arrows at the bottom of the screen and you have presents falling from the top, which he is supposed to catch. each present is 1 point.
i've managed to create the menus, program the character so that he moves and have the presents falling. however, I can't work out the hit test.
I suspect it's because I can't work out how to assign instance names to the presents, that are pulled in through actionscript each second (through a timer)...
I have to give it all in on friday and am stuck as can be!!
any help would be appreciated - can send through fla file if that would help?
thanks in advance.
Maggie
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hi all does anyone have an idea for n what a good price for a sun room / ex…11
    2. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge22
    3. Headphones for Ps4?11
    4. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?1019

See more discussions