Groups
    EXPIRED

Flash drive for TV (Sony KDL50W8)

Hi, I've just bought the above TV, it says i can use a 32gb Storage device (for Recording TV), can anyone recommend one, i'm thinking transfer speed etc. may cause an issue... has anyone done this or similar?

Thanks

4 Comments

32GB max will be a lie, the max will be 2TB. Also the usb input on the tv will be usb 2.0 and most 2.0 sticks max that out so any stick will do really. I would buy a 1TB external drive which gets power from the mains.

Original Poster

MIDURIX

32GB max will be a lie, the max will be 2TB. Also the usb input on the tv … 32GB max will be a lie, the max will be 2TB. Also the usb input on the tv will be usb 2.0 and most 2.0 sticks max that out so any stick will do really. I would buy a 1TB external drive which gets power from the mains.

Thank you, sorry i didn't mean 32gb max - that's the min requirement. Any reason you'd pick mains powered over a smaller 2.5" USB powered device?

cheers

PaulTheYid

Thank you, sorry i didn't mean 32gb max - that's the min requirement. Any … Thank you, sorry i didn't mean 32gb max - that's the min requirement. Any reason you'd pick mains powered over a smaller 2.5" USB powered device? cheers

Because they are much cheaper and your tv might not be able to power a portable drive. Also dont buy more than 2TB because you tv won't see the extra space.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767173
      2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2527
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1946
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423514458

See more discussions