Groups

Flash repeated background.

Ive created an animation of a car driving along past buildings - however i want the background to keep on going - a bit like a scooby doo cartoon if you get me?

I tried duplicating the background but the car just passes throught the origanal background...

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

8 Comments

Original Poster

Cheers - Cant do this..

try creating a movie clip and having it loop. then drag that onto the scene.

Original Poster

I converted the background (which was in many layers) into a movie clip (convert to symbol > movie clip)

However when i duplicate that - the movie only focuses on the main centre...and the car is only shown on the centre.

I know its probably something to do with document size but when i made the document wider - it then showed all duplicated backgrounds.

Hope makes sense

vengod;3358858

I converted the background (which was in many layers) into a movie clip … I converted the background (which was in many layers) into a movie clip (convert to symbol > movie clip)

ok, got that.

vengod;3358858

However when i duplicate that - the movie only focuses on the main … However when i duplicate that - the movie only focuses on the main centre...and the car is only shown on the centre.

not sure what this bit means, what are you duplicating? does the background not show?

vengod;3358858

I know its probably something to do with document size but when i made … I know its probably something to do with document size but when i made the document wider - it then showed all duplicated backgrounds.

thats right, unless you make the backgrounds wider they will be visible if the document is widened on its own.

vengod;3358858

Hope makes sense

mostly.

Original Poster

the document i have is 400 x 400. This is the original and in the centre. Either side of it i have placed a duplicate of the backfground (i converted to a symbol and placed symbol either side).

hope that makes more sense? lol

vengod;3359517

the document i have is 400 x 400. This is the original and in the centre. … the document i have is 400 x 400. This is the original and in the centre. Either side of it i have placed a duplicate of the backfground (i converted to a symbol and placed symbol either side).hope that makes more sense? lol

i've knocked you a PM

vengod;3358602

Cheers - Cant do this..

itsnt it not "repeat-X" or "repeat-Y"
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions