Flashed 360 - Can you play real games online and be ok?

11 replies
Found 5th Nov 2009
I can buy my mates 360 off him for cheap, only problem it is flashed.

I only want it to play fifa 2010 online, a real verision not a copy. Could i play it online and not get banned from live?

11 Comments

nope, you get banned

It doesnt work like that.

If it's flashed at all then you run the risk of it being flagged by MS and getting banned no matter what you use it for in the future.
It might already be on the to-be-banned list, you just don't know.

And they are on a banning spree atm ,loads of folk i know have been banned (well there consoles have)!

im pretty sure ms can only see what disc is in the console,whether its retail or not.

im pretty sure your safe, im always online playing a back up of fifa 10

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6789919

It doesnt work like that.If it's flashed at all then you run the risk of … It doesnt work like that.If it's flashed at all then you run the risk of it being flagged by MS and getting banned no matter what you use it for in the future.It might already be on the to-be-banned list, you just don't know.

Is it not worth buying it then?

Do they read the firmware of the console then? Or the disc thats inside?

Original Poster

siwrath;6790072

im pretty sure your safe, im always online playing a back up of fifa 10

Surely your running the risk of getting banned even more if you do that.

the__mayster;6790160

Is it not worth buying it then?Do they read the firmware of the console … Is it not worth buying it then?Do they read the firmware of the console then? Or the disc thats inside?

No one knows for sure how they detect your modded console, it could be the firmware, or the game, or something totally different.

Don't buy it solely for the purpose of only playing it online, as you could get banned tomorrow.
However, if you have loads of games with it, or will get loads, then the money you will 'save' on that more than pays for going out and getting another console if this one gets banned anyway :whistling:

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6790211

No one knows for sure how they detect your modded console, it could be … No one knows for sure how they detect your modded console, it could be the firmware, or the game, or something totally different.Don't buy it solely for the purpose of only playing it online, as you could get banned tomorrow. However, if you have loads of games with it, or will get loads, then the money you will 'save' on that more than pays for going out and getting another console if this one gets banned anyway :whistling:

I had a flashed one before and sold it, got bored of it to be honest. Its easy enough to do your own game but i wasnt using it enough.

I really only want it for fifa 2010 to play online.

the__mayster;6790261

I had a flashed one before and sold it, got bored of it to be honest. Its … I had a flashed one before and sold it, got bored of it to be honest. Its easy enough to do your own game but i wasnt using it enough.I really only want it for fifa 2010 to play online.

Then you pays your money and you takes your chances.
It could get banned in 5 minutes, or not at all.

Roll the dice if it's cheap enough for you.

the__mayster;6790167

Surely your running the risk of getting banned even more if you do that.

You do but if you use properly stealthed games and run them through agbx360 its very rare, use sense dont play before release dates etc, the money saved on games plus money from the sale of a banned console soon covers the cost of a couple of replacement consoles, so the risk is worth it as its the console not the gamertag that gets banned.

I dont use live anyway so not fussed, but banned consoles still fetch good money though as not everyone is into online play.

harlzter;6790406

You do but if you use properly stealthed games and run them through … You do but if you use properly stealthed games and run them through agbx360 its very rare, use sense dont play before release dates etc, the money saved on games plus money from the sale of a banned console soon covers the cost of a couple of replacement consoles, so the risk is worth it as its the console not the gamertag that gets banned.I dont use live anyway so not fussed, but banned consoles still fetch good money though as not everyone is into online play.

yes i agree with this statement.

im having to flash the latest wave 4 games i get with wave 2 because i cant get my head around the wave 3 patcher yet an activite.iso wont work for me, and the latest firmware is 1.61 but i have a lite on drive so i cant update just yet. i just unplugg network adaptor an play wave 4 games offline

i think mircosoft can detect the older firmwares so its best to keep updated with your iextremes
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions