Groups

Flashing a nokia!?

I have a nokia 6288, the camera has stopped working and when i try it use it the phones says "operation failed", I was wondering if flashing the phone would solve it, and how would I go about flashing the phone?

I have updated the firmware through the nokia program but that didn't work, also if I was to "flash" the phone, would it become unlocked!?

Any site where I can find out a bit more info would be much appreciated and rep will be left!

Thanks in advance,

Peter

6 Comments

flashing will not unlock the phone, just debrand it.

i did a full flash on a SE k800i today and it was still locked after the flash.

as for the cam, it looks like the flex ribbon needs changing ]http//fo…209

Original Poster

I have to option of sending the phone off to 3, I was just trying to avoid being without a mobile, but I don't fancy taking the phone apart whilst it is still under warranty.
    Thanks for your help, but I think I will send it off, its only supposed to take 3 working days (without the strike!)

Thanks again

Original Poster

rep left!

pet3r

I have to option of sending the phone off to 3, I was just trying to … I have to option of sending the phone off to 3, I was just trying to avoid being without a mobile, but I don't fancy taking the phone apart whilst it is still under warranty.Thanks for your help, but I think I will send it off, its only supposed to take 3 working days (without the strike!)Thanks again

Dont send the phone back to 3 there got the worst engineers in the world!

Go here and find an Official nokia service centre, you can wait while your phone is repaired

nokia.co.uk/A42…006

Original Poster

Thanks,

will it cost? the phone is still under warranty!

it shouldnt cost

when i sent my SE k700i back for a joystick replacement under warranty, it didnt cost anything
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions