flashing roms on chinese phones

Hoping for your advice.
So many deals on Xiaomi but this whole business and terms of flashing, unlocking bootloaders etc. is really putting me of purchasing one. Never done it before and would be really nervous to start mess around with a brand new phone. What do you think?

8 Comments

Only you can comment on your ability, but on the most part xiaomi phones are well supported which means the process is pretty easy and well documented.

Find which phone you want, then research the forums on how to flash to see the steps.

You can buy them already flashed with a global rom so the playstore is already installed.
aliexpress.com/sto…D3h

SilverBlack

You can buy them already flashed with a global rom so the playstore is … You can buy them already flashed with a global rom so the playstore is already installed.https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM/342812_32597684693.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.jLfD3h

​every Chinese phone and tablet I have had as had play store innstalled

shadey12

​every Chinese phone and tablet I have had as had play store innstalled

Xiaomi phones sometimes come with chinese/english rom no playstore.

Have a look on the miui en forum and xiaomi eu and see if you think it's within your capabilities, or maybe you know someone who's a bit techy with phones?
I've done 5 for colleagues now, maybe you know somebody who likes to have a go!
It's not quite simply a case of plugging into pc, you need the correct USB drivers for a start for example.

SilverBlack

Xiaomi phones sometimes come with chinese/english rom no playstore.

​thanks for that, you live and learn.

So why would you want to do all that ? mine came installed and it updates itself. I did once root one to get rid of the startup music but that's all. Try Dogee or Homtom

If you buy a phone from a random reseller and don't refresh it yourself you're an idiot. So many come loaded with viruses.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Issue with a CV rewrite any help appreciated.12
    2. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)33
    3. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?812
    4. Morrisons Cafe45

See more discussions