Posted 31 December 2009

Flasks - Traditional Thermos-type or Unbreakable?

Much as the title says, I have tried a couple of different unbreakable flasks which basically use a solid insulation in place of the more 'traditional' vacuum affair which is prone to breaking easily.

Although more robust, I find that the unbreakable ones just dont keep the liquid hot (or at least as hot as the vacuum ones).

I am interested if anyone has any advice or has found the same thing?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    plumberman01;7383764

partner has a stainless steel one fo work and we have two smaller for … partner has a stainless steel one fo work and we have two smaller for outings-his is hot when he gets home as he finishes it then lol when i dont make him a brew...one is a thermos and two were asdas own label i think...i assume theyre unbreakable..cos im sure he would have by now!

Fancy making him drink 8 hours old tea when he gets home after a hard days work. Tomorrow I want a properly cooked hot meal and a fresh pot of tea waiting for him. :-D
    The trick with the stainless ones is to preheat it with boiling water.

I bought one not so long ago and thought it wasn't so great, after pre heating it with boiling water then filling with my drink I almost took my mouth off 4 hours later it was still very hot.

Try TK Maxx they have loads of flasks around their kitchen section. some good names as well as cheapy ones.

The glass ones are a nightmare, there is nothing more annoying than grabbing your flask for a nice brew then to be greated with the sound of glass jigsaw.
    deek72;7383824

Fancy making him drink 8 hours old tea when he gets home after a hard … Fancy making him drink 8 hours old tea when he gets home after a hard days work. Tomorrow I want a properly cooked hot meal and a fresh pot of tea waiting for him. :-D

its coffee:p:p

anyway he has to make the tea...i wait fo him:whistling: i had his toes removed so he can get closer to the sink:w00t:

and he works short days lol
    ok sure, thanks
    Hmmmmmmmm. Can't honestly say I've spent much time considering this. Maybe I should?

Maybe you could gat a traditional vacuum one and be more careful with it?
    partner has a stainless steel one fo work and we have two smaller for outings-his is hot when he gets home as he finishes it then lol when i dont make him a brew...one is a thermos and two were asdas own label i think...i assume theyre unbreakable..cos im sure he would have by now!
    plumberman01;7383893

its coffee:p:panyway he has to make the tea...i wait fo him:whistling: i … its coffee:p:panyway he has to make the tea...i wait fo him:whistling: i had his toes removed so he can get closer to the sink:w00t:and he works short days lol

Poor bloke! tell him I'm looking for a lodger if he needs anywhere!:-D
    Author
    Celticsun;7383874

The trick with the stainless ones is to preheat it with boiling water.I … The trick with the stainless ones is to preheat it with boiling water.I bought one not so long ago and thought it wasn't so great, after pre heating it with boiling water then filling with my drink I almost took my mouth off 4 hours later it was still very hot.Try TK Maxx they have loads of flasks around their kitchen section. some good names as well as cheapy ones.The glass ones are a nightmare, there is nothing more annoying than grabbing your flask for a nice brew then to be greated with the sound of glass jigsaw.

Thanks for the tip - will give it a try:thumbsup:
's avatar