Groups

Flat packed furniture....can I do it myself?

Ok...so I've bought a sideboard from habitat (memphis), it sitting in two boxes at home...now does anyone know how easy Habitat furniture is to put together? Do you think a kinda fit girl can do it herself? Would I just be easier paying £40 for someone to put it together?

What do ya think lol?

13 Comments

Course you can do it - just lay out all the pieces before you start, check everything is there and read the instructions thoroughly

Flat pack is easy, get a power tool and go for it!

You CAN do it - but ... me it can also be difficult without the right tools and reading those hopeless instructions!!
    Yes it can be done like the others above me said - but if I had he choice - I would always get someone else to do it...

(Shouts Daaaaaady!!)

ccc

chunky

Do you think a kinda fit girl can do it herself

Well post up a pic of how fit u are and we'll judge it on that lol ;-)

Seriously though... flatpack is easy most of the time. Just remember to go mad with wood glue - spillage is easy to wipe clean but the more bonding made the better ! Usually the small sachets they supply in the package is never enough.

give it a try....just, as above, lay everything out on the floor, make sure everything is there, make sure you have the rght tools, read through ALL the instructions first, then re-read them and take things step by step....double check everything if you doubt yourself.

Also (from past experience) make sure you attach things the right way up (if there is a right way) as I ruined some furniture drilling things in the wrong place as I had it upside down the other year.....so learn from my mistake!!!!

and good luck

Squelds;5332000

Well post up a pic of how fit u are and we'll judge it on that lol … Well post up a pic of how fit u are and we'll judge it on that lol ;-)Seriously though... flatpack is easy most of the time. Just remember to go mad with wood glue - spillage is easy to wipe clean but the more bonding made the better !

hmmmm.......:whistling:

ROFL i didnt read it like that when i wrote it !!

Honest !!

Nooooo! This is terrible! Once women can erect their own flat-packed furniture, we men will have no further function in life beyond getting rid of spiders.

Don't do it! Think of the consequences! :w00t:

£40!!!! no way - do it yourself.

Well thats easy for me to say I'm terrible at it - I get my girlfriend to build all of ours :oops:

surely a relative or neighbour will help for a couple of beers instead of 40 notes!

Afterburner;5332051

Nooooo! This is terrible! Once women can erect their own flat-packed … Nooooo! This is terrible! Once women can erect their own flat-packed furniture, we men will have no further function in life beyond getting rid of spiders. Don't do it! Think of the consequences! :w00t:

we have also discovered spider catchers ;-)

lil_tiger;5332124

we have also discovered spider catchers ;-)

Well that's my raison d'etre down the Swanee.

Original Poster

LOL thanks...right I'm going to give it ago...well when my 60 year old mum comes to visit this weekend lol...she can change plugs and everything haha!!

Right...gonna try and find the instructions, not long moved home so may take some time to find the brand new electric screwdriver I was given 5 years ago...

Will let you know how I get on...rep for all your chat...THANK YOOOOUUU!!

pics of said fit girl
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1340
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927356
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826365
      4. word association Game73844478

See more discussions