Flat tyres how can you check for damage?

14 replies
Found 29th Dec 2009
came back from relatives to find 4 flat tyres on my car,pumped them up but was told to check for damage as they may have been down for as long as 24 hours as im not entirely sure when it was done,how do you check theres no damage to the tyres exactly???

1. Misc
  2. Tyres
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Tyres
14 Comments

I'm glad I don't live by you - sounds bad what with your windscreen the other day now this
or do you have a really nice car and all the chav's are jealous?

Original Poster

DAMNOME;3886151

I'm glad I don't live by you - sounds bad what with your windscreen the … I'm glad I don't live by you - sounds bad what with your windscreen the other day now thisor do you have a really nice car and all the chav's are jealous?

just someone who has it in for me:x

u cannot b serious!

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/mcenroe_not_serious.jpg

Banned

Mardyass;3886157

AGAIN??

hotukdeals.com/sea…Now

You know...hiring a hitman would probs be easier and cheaper...

check the walls of the tyres for cracking...how old are the tyres would you say?

Mardyass;3886157

Don't worry
what goes around comes around
they'll get theirs :thumbsup:

24 hours being flat are extremely unlikey to have damage. Weeks/Months maybe. Not a few hours.

If you drove while flat, then their is a good chance they are damaged.

Original Poster

Pan111;3886261

check the walls of the tyres for cracking...how old are the tyres would … check the walls of the tyres for cracking...how old are the tyres would you say?

probably around 9 months ish old

Original Poster

thesaint;3886645

24 hours being flat are extremely unlikey to have damage. Weeks/Months … 24 hours being flat are extremely unlikey to have damage. Weeks/Months maybe. Not a few hours.If you drove while flat, then their is a good chance they are damaged.

luckily noticed before i jumped in it will go see if i can see any cracking to the tyres

Original Poster

no cracking at all so alls good there

nice one ...shouldnt worry about it then...I take it the tyres have since been pumped back up and youve been using the car since?

Original Poster

Pan111;3886812

nice one ...shouldnt worry about it then...I take it the tyres have … nice one ...shouldnt worry about it then...I take it the tyres have since been pumped back up and youve been using the car since?

theyve been pumped up but havent used that car yet

What I was thinking was maybe they'd put tacks in your tyres resulting in slow punctures...but if theyve been up for a while, it could have just been kids at the valves...just pop to the petrol station and check the pressures

Original Poster

Pan111;3886975

What I was thinking was maybe they'd put tacks in your tyres resulting in … What I was thinking was maybe they'd put tacks in your tyres resulting in slow punctures...but if theyve been up for a while, it could have just been kids at the valves...just pop to the petrol station and check the pressures

will do thankyou for that
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options66
    2. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?33
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person33
    4. MacBook44

See more discussions