Found 20th Mar 2010
Sold some boots on ebay, brand new never been worn. The buyer sent me an email saying that she loved the boots, however, there was a 'serious flaw'...that the zip was broken on one of the boots. I properly checked them before sending and they weren't broken when I sent them!

She asked to either return the boots or she would take a reduction in the cost and get the zip fixed! I've asked her just to send the boots back for a full refund.

I'm positive they were in perfect condition when sent, what can I do if when they are sent back they are damaged??

1. Misc
  2. Flea
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Flea
33 Comments

ebay.

less letters to type and doesnt sound so annoying as fleabay

shebay

your knackered if she send them back cant claim royal mail damaged them ,ask for a picture of damage and if they are yours offer discount better than you having to get them repaired and sell them again

Original Poster

numptyj;8156825

ebay.less letters to type and doesnt sound so annoying as fleabay

helpful, thanks :thumbsup:

Just offer refund as the buyer has to pay return postage recorded delivery, (as they need proof if it goes to a claim) by doing this this is costing the buyer to return thus puts em off trying to scam you out of the money.

So just offer refund but tell them you need a tracking number thus there postage will cost alot more

it's annoying, but i don't think there's anything you can do to be honest.
look at it this way, if you bought something from a shop and it arrived damage, you would want a refund or replacement.

Original Poster

kpmatthews;8156864

it's annoying, but i don't think there's anything you can do to be … it's annoying, but i don't think there's anything you can do to be honest.look at it this way, if you bought something from a shop and it arrived damage, you would want a refund or replacement.

Totally agree, I just know they weren't damaged when I sent them. Just think from her email she's trying it on as she asked for a reduction to get them fixed, surely if they had a 'serious flaw' you'd just want to send them back?

ask for a photo

As others have said i'd ask for photographic evidence first and go from there.

Maybe she has fat calves and she broke them getting them on lol

but surely you took a photo of them prior to listing them on Ebay..so would show no damage??

Original Poster

rob585;8158759

but surely you took a photo of them prior to listing them on Ebay..so … but surely you took a photo of them prior to listing them on Ebay..so would show no damage??

I did...but unfortunatley the right zip isnt on show in the photos..

Original Poster

deb8z;8157528

As others have said i'd ask for photographic evidence first and go from … As others have said i'd ask for photographic evidence first and go from there.Maybe she has fat calves and she broke them getting them on lol

LOL no doubt!

Banned

deb8z;8157528

As others have said i'd ask for photographic evidence first and go from … As others have said i'd ask for photographic evidence first and go from there.Maybe she has fat calves and she broke them getting them on lol

Probably, :lol: if it were me I'd ask for photographic proof saying before you decide on repair/return.

If she has broken the zip, pp could go either way will probably be cheaper to send a couple of quid for repair.

Original Poster

Arghhhh!!!
The buyer is now saying she posted and returned the shoes, however I don't have them! She's asking for a full refund, which I had agreed to give her (even though Im sure they werent damaged when they were sent out!) but I'm not going to refund her when I they haven't been returned.
She has said that she didn't send them recorded delivery, rubbish you would not return something sent to you via recorded back normal mail!
Where do I stand with this...neg coming my way?

Banned

Refuse to refund until you recieve them back as it is likely the buyer hasn't sent them is trying to scam you to get some free boots

Unless she can prove that they were delivered paypal won't get involved if she opened a dispute

chunky;8200375

Arghhhh!!! The buyer is now saying she posted and returned the shoes, … Arghhhh!!! The buyer is now saying she posted and returned the shoes, however I don't have them! She's asking for a full refund, which I had agreed to give her (even though Im sure they werent damaged when they were sent out!) but I'm not going to refund her when I they haven't been returned.She has said that she didn't send them recorded delivery, rubbish you would not return something sent to you via recorded back normal mail!Where do I stand with this...neg coming my way?

If they haven't arrived after 15 working days then advise her to use her proof of posting to claim from RM as they must be lost in the post:w00t:

Not a lot you can do if she negs you,just add a follow up saying there was no proof of delivery so you couldn't refund without the item .

chunky;8200375

Arghhhh!!! The buyer is now saying she posted and returned the shoes, … Arghhhh!!! The buyer is now saying she posted and returned the shoes, however I don't have them! She's asking for a full refund, which I had agreed to give her (even though Im sure they werent damaged when they were sent out!) but I'm not going to refund her when I they haven't been returned.She has said that she didn't send them recorded delivery, rubbish you would not return something sent to you via recorded back normal mail!Where do I stand with this...neg coming my way?

Dont worry about any neg you receive, no-one takes them seriously anymore UNLESS there are more than jsut the odd one.
If she negs, then simply leave a follow-up comment explaining your side.

DO NOT refund unless she can prove she has sent them back. even if she sent them back normal mail then she would have a receipt for the postage although this does not prove that it is for something that she sent to you.
She cant claim back from PP as she has no tracking to prove she has returned them to you which she would need if she opened a 'not as described' case. Paypal WILL NOT refund without her providing this tracking information and this would have been ONLY after they told her it would be down to her to return them to you.

Hang on in the OP you said

I''ve asked her just to send the boots back for a full refund.'

And now she has you are complaining?

She could have swapped them for a faulty pair she already had, unforunately there isn't anything you can do now apart from refund them.

greg_68;8200808

Hang on in the OP you said I''ve asked her just to send the boots back … Hang on in the OP you said I''ve asked her just to send the boots back for a full refund.'And now she has you are complaining?She could have swapped them for a faulty pair she already had, unforunately there isn't anything you can do now apart from refund them.

But she hasnt recieved them back so I also would not be refunding until I get those boots in my hands again.

OP dont refund nothing till you get them back.

beth3735;8200866

But she hasnt recieved them back so I also would not be refunding until I … But she hasnt recieved them back so I also would not be refunding until I get those boots in my hands again.OP dont refund nothing till you get them back.

I meant refund them when they receive them back not now, :thumbsup:

did you send the boots to her recorded delivery?

The buyer is probably just trying it on to get them cheaper, you can make a photo make anything look broken so I don't see the point unless it's to try and scare them off.

If you do refund them make sure you leave a comment in the feedback alerting any other sellers that they may try this on.

You'd be suprised about how many people probably do this with every item they buy knowing that the seller will usually pay up for convenience sake / feedback fear. I bet not many sellers mention it in their feedback given.

Don't refund this buyer, they are obviously trying it on. if they go to Paypal, they will also tell her to jog on.

In her new boots that she decided she didn't like.

Or didn't fit as well as she'd hoped.

lol

greg_68;8200885

I meant refund them when they receive them back not now, :thumbsup:

I get you :oops: Sorry not with it today

Yes definitely wait till they arrive then refund. If they don't arrive get her to claim through Royal Mail with the proof of posting. Its her responibility to get them back to you so if they don't arrive then she has to claim. You get keep what she paid originally as well and and its down to her to get compensation from Royal Mail. You'd have had to do the same had she not received them.

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;8200887

did you send the boots to her recorded delivery?

Yes, I send everything recorded!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone...will rep you all when I get to my home computer that works!
Reckon she has received the boots, wanted some money off so said they were damaged, kept them when I said 'send them back for a full refund' instead of knocking money off and is now claiming she send them back!
Idiot!!

please keep us updated ... wanna hear the outcome :thumbsup:

If said person does neg you, contact ebay explaining the situation and they can remove the neg

One of life's experiences, good luck with it.

Original Poster

Disco;8201430

please keep us updated ... wanna hear the outcome :thumbsup:

Last I heard she had said she's sent them and I said they hadn't arrived. She emailed about a week later asking if they had arrived yet, I replied and haven't heard anything since!

did you recieve a negative feedback?

post her ID and we can all chip in to buy something off her and leave her a few well worded comments

Original Poster

jonesytheblade;8466425

did you recieve a negative feedback?post her ID and we can all chip in to … did you recieve a negative feedback?post her ID and we can all chip in to buy something off her and leave her a few well worded comments

Nope, no feedback at all...very odd! (wanted some money off and when I said send them back for a refund she obv decided to keep them...what is wrong with people!!!)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5am gym crew20139
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2636
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769530
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604822

See more discussions