Found 11th Aug 2010
Purchased a kitchen tap off fleabay about 4 months ago and its leaking, would like to take this up with the seller but i can only access my purchases from the last 31 days in my ebay, does anyone know how to access older purchases, thanks

26 Comments

wow there is a lot of ebay questions on the go just now

There is a brilliant "community" section on ebay - a forum with just about every question answered. Might be worth having a look on that

Original Poster

bossyboots

wow there is a lot of ebay questions on the go just nowThere is a … wow there is a lot of ebay questions on the go just nowThere is a brilliant "community" section on ebay - a forum with just about every question answered. Might be worth having a look on that

Thanks, will look into that

bossyboots

wow there is a lot of ebay questions on the go just nowThere is a … wow there is a lot of ebay questions on the go just nowThere is a brilliant "community" section on ebay - a forum with just about every question answered. Might be worth having a look on that

LOL, I was thinking that, loads of eBay questions tonight.

In response to the OP, it's 4 months since you purchased it, to be honest I wouldn't chase the seller for a resolution, I'd see if it needs a new washer or get someone round to look at it.
I guess it might depend if it was a new or used item, private or business seller, IF it was new and a business seller there might be some kind of manufacturer's warranty but that's the risk you take with eBay tbh.

i dont really think its the sellers fault if its leaking 4 months later
was it bought new?

This should be taken up with manufacturer really

Original Poster

edjaned

i dont really think its the sellers fault if its leaking 4 months … i dont really think its the sellers fault if its leaking 4 months laterwas it bought new?

yes purchased as new

jayjayuk1234

Not if the seller was a business and specified a warranty of 6 or 12 months. Liability is with the seller not manufacturer. However, it may be a washer at fault or leaky pipe / joint. If you have to return it to the seller you'll going to have to acquire something else to use whilst you wait on a resolution, if any, from the seller.

Banned

edjaned

i dont really think its the sellers fault if its leaking 4 months … i dont really think its the sellers fault if its leaking 4 months laterwas it bought new?

it is if its a business

jayjayuk1234

why? The Op has no contract with them, first port of call is the retailer/seller.

OP was it a business? Or a private seller who is a business?

Original Poster

it was a plumbers merchants from portsmouth i think if i remember correctly, surely i have a right to contact the seller

yes if it was bought new from a buisness seller then i would contact but not if it was bought from a private seller

Banned

gap30

it was a plumbers merchants from portsmouth i think if i remember … it was a plumbers merchants from portsmouth i think if i remember correctly, surely i have a right to contact the seller

Then you need to go back to them, did you not leave feedback for them or them you, thats another way (sometimes easier) than going through paypal history

Original Poster

tinkerbell28

Am I talking to myself? Go into paypal and drag up the transaction via … Am I talking to myself? Go into paypal and drag up the transaction via your history by date and get the details and contact them.

trying now but will only let me go back 3 months

Original Poster

colinsunderland

Then you need to go back to them, did you not leave feedback for them or … Then you need to go back to them, did you not leave feedback for them or them you, thats another way (sometimes easier) than going through paypal history

Found it! That was an excellent suggestion, would hug you if i could

Banned

gap30

Found it! That was an excellent suggestion, would hug you if i could

only if you're female

I was just gonna suggest Goofbay,but you've found it.

Original Poster

colinsunderland

only if you're female

No i am male! I purchased the tap on the 11th October 2009, do you think i can still raise an issue as its definately the tap that is leaking

Do you mean it's dripping as in the washer needs changing or is it actually broken >?

simplyjimbo

Not if the seller was a business and specified a warranty of 6 or 12 … Not if the seller was a business and specified a warranty of 6 or 12 months. Liability is with the seller not manufacturer. However, it may be a washer at fault or leaky pipe / joint. If you have to return it to the seller you'll going to have to acquire something else to use whilst you wait on a resolution, if any, from the seller.

This is not true at all, if the seller kicks up a fuss, unless you can prove that the item was unfit for purpose in court, or the seller specifically stated the item was guaranteed by THEM and not the manufacturer, then the seller could direct you to the manufacturer, unless it is within a short amount of time, maybe 28 days or less. ( cannot remember exact period ) read the sale of goods act, but as i said , if you wish to enforce anything within this act on the seller, you have to take it to court if the seller doesn't want to play ball.

As a result, Neither eBay or paypal will help you with this... they stop helping after 45 days, which i guess is time for the 28 days + any other delays and delivery etc

Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 11th Aug 2010

tinkerbell28

You use the caledar and change the dates on the date boxes, oh deary me … You use the caledar and change the dates on the date boxes, oh deary me never mind oO

lol

Original Poster

deb8z

Do you mean it's dripping as in the washer needs changing or is it … Do you mean it's dripping as in the washer needs changing or is it actually broken >?

i think the tops of the flexi hoses are leaking which came pre - fitted with the tap

gap30

No i am male! I purchased the tap on the 11th October 2009, do you think … No i am male! I purchased the tap on the 11th October 2009, do you think i can still raise an issue as its definately the tap that is leaking

OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said in your OP it was FOUR MONTHS AGO!!!! bit of a difference there dont you think lol.

bossyboots

OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said in your OP it was FOUR MONTHS AGO!!!! … OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said in your OP it was FOUR MONTHS AGO!!!! bit of a difference there dont you think lol.

your on the ball tonight bb lol

edjaned

your on the ball tonight bb lol

lol but that "new" piece of information sort of changes this thread!

(p.s tried to get u on msn earlier! - going to bed shortly but chat soon )

gap30

i think the tops of the flexi hoses are leaking which came pre - fitted … i think the tops of the flexi hoses are leaking which came pre - fitted with the tap

I don't suppose they just need tightening do they?

bossyboots

lol but that "new" piece of information sort of changes this thread!(p.s … lol but that "new" piece of information sort of changes this thread!(p.s tried to get u on msn earlier! - going to bed shortly but chat soon )

u will have to pm me on here and i will come on
nite x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604818
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming58
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769501
    4. word association Game74244919

See more discussions