Found 21st Jun 2008
Can anyone advise i recently bought on ebay and received the item which was faulty. So i contacted seller explaining the problem and asked for refund. Seller agreed but said would have to pay by cheque. When i ask why not refund paypal as i paid taht way told me takes 7/9 days to set up ???

Is that true or are they fobbing me off

1. Misc
  2. Flea
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Flea
14 Comments

leave neg feedback then he'll will listen

Banned

Thats also risky as they might just not refund lol

open paypal dispute

ive got my money back within 24 hours

Abvance;2360870

leave neg feedback then he'll will listen

no dont!!!! he wont pay at all then!! just tell him he can do an instant refund if he looks at your payment page on paypal? and you would like it now!! thankyou!!

Original Poster

ive opened a dispute on paypal as read another thread here this week where the OP was advised to do that so seller couldnt closed paypal account

If he hasn't already got the funds in his Paypal account then it will take about a week for the funds to come from his bank into his Paypal account and then over to you so that part is true.

However, I would insist on a refund through Paypal. It seems odd that he would rather send you a cheque as he will then be paying the fees charged for the payment himself, rather than them being refunded with the Paypal payment

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;2360909

If he hasn't already got the funds in his Paypal account then it will … If he hasn't already got the funds in his Paypal account then it will take about a week for the funds to come from his bank into his Paypal account and then over to you so that part is true.However, I would insist on a refund through Paypal. It seems odd that he would rather send you a cheque as he will then be paying the fees charged for the payment himself, rather than them being refunded with the Paypal payment

Oh wow so you can transfer from your bak to paypal instantly for a payment but not to just add money to paypal???, ty for info , and yeah i thought odd he wanna pay p&p to send cheque

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2360890

Fobbing you off. All he has to do is click the refund button in paypal.

ty contacted them and its not even big amount, its just principle was sold it as a new item and its faulty which i know can happen. But annoying as i saw a similar item in TKMAXX few days after i bought was a bit more but i was waiting on my ebay item and now TK MAXX sold out

Whenever I have refunded a paypal payment or had one refunded it has been immediate. It could be that the seller doesn't have any funds in their paypal account then maybe it takes about a week to transfer money?

ive never add money to my paypal from my bank account so i cant comment on the time required
but i dont see why thye fact that theres no balance in paypal prevent a refund

cos paypal can always charge the bank account or credit card of the account holder

DIVA1977;2360919

ty contacted them and its not even big amount, its just principle was … ty contacted them and its not even big amount, its just principle was sold it as a new item and its faulty which i know can happen. But annoying as i saw a similar item in TKMAXX few days after i bought was a bit more but i was waiting on my ebay item and now TK MAXX sold out

My mum always opens disputes with sellers who don't sent or send faulty goods even if she only paid like £1! PayPal have always refunded the money no problems.
Let PayPal sort it out

nuabdi;2360974

ive never add money to my paypal from my bank account so i cant comment … ive never add money to my paypal from my bank account so i cant comment on the time requiredbut i dont see why thye fact that theres no balance in paypal prevent a refundcos paypal can always charge the bank account or credit card of the account holder

as long as the card is on file its instant refund

nooo lol request the cheque once cleared request paypal as well LOL jk

Original Poster

MarzBarz;2361160

nooo lol request the cheque once cleared request paypal as well LOL jk

thought of it for the inconvenience but i couldnt live with meself if i did
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56