Flexible working question help

3 replies
Found 12th Jul
My partner is currently on maternity leave, due to go back to work early next year. However, she'd like to go back to work part time (only 2 days a week), purely for childcare and financial reasons, whereas she's currently full time. She requested a Flexible Working application form from her work, but there's 2 questions she doesn't really know how to answer diplomatically. They are:

Impact of the new working pattern

I think this change to my working pattern will affect my employer and colleagues as follows:

Accommodating the new working pattern

I think the effect on my employer and colleagues can be dealt with as follows (how can your manager accommodate your request)

It does also state that if, by going part time, it puts a strain on the workforce, has any detrimental affect to the quality of service etc, then it's likely for the request to be rejected. So it's difficult to answer these questions in such a way that it doesn't look negative in anyway. Her job is working in Admin for Ford by the way. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

I've been through this part, the question were just stupid. But it was approved.
Does your partner have somebody to share her duties with?
I.e job share

Original Poster

Unfortunately not... they currently have a temp on maternity cover there, but my partner hasn't met her before to even discuss such an option....

mcscoobs

Unfortunately not... they currently have a temp on maternity cover there, … Unfortunately not... they currently have a temp on maternity cover there, but my partner hasn't met her before to even discuss such an option....

Your wife has a contract which she will be bound to. Unless the company are willing to accomadate the 2 days. It all depends on the manager really. Hopefully it gets granted. Good luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions