flight delay compensation

Found 13th Apr 2016
A few weeks ago I travelled from Alicante to Southend Airport with EasyJet and incurred a 5 hour flight delay due to the French Air Traffic Control Strike. I'm hoping that someone has a definitive answer if I can claim any compensation for the flight delay. I've tried googling the answer and looking at EasyJets compensation T&C's but cannot find a hard and fast rule relating to air control strikes.
Thankyou

1. Ask
  2. Flight
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Flight
5 Comments

You can get compensation for anything over a three hour delay.

However, the delay must be the fault of the airline. In this case it was outwith their control - i.e. the air traffic control strike in France. So you won't get any compensation.

flight-delayed.co.uk/mar…wis

How about suing the French government, that'll keep you occupied for a few years!

Original Poster

therealslimkaty

You can get compensation for anything over a three hour]

Just checked on your Martin Lewis link and put in the flight details to see if it was eligible and got the following message :
Air traffic Control strikes are considered to be an extraordinary circumstance or force majeure, meaning compensation is not due.
Thankyou for helping me get a straight answer.

Toptrumpet

Just checked on your Martin Lewis link and put in the flight details to … Just checked on your Martin Lewis link and put in the flight details to see if it was eligible and got the following message :Air traffic Control strikes are considered to be an extraordinary circumstance or force majeure, meaning compensation is not due.Thankyou for helping me get a straight answer.

You're very welcome. I remembered seeing a programme on this exact topic a few weeks ago and knew it was pretty cut and dried.

Can we get compensation for time spent reading an answered thread?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions