Flight delay compensation

Found 13th Sep 2017
Anyone been successful? How long did it take for the airline to get back to you? Mines coming up to a month and nothing heard yet

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

Yes. Which airline, how long, are we talking EU261 or another type of compensation?

Original Poster

windym19 m ago

Yes. Which airline, how long, are we talking EU261 or another type of …Yes. Which airline, how long, are we talking EU261 or another type of compensation?

Thomson, 5hrs, Malaga to Cardiff roughly 2,500 km.

I went on a college trip to Berlin. Flight got cancelled and we got another flight the next day. Trip leader said he was going to pursue compensation (we were waiting for over 4 hours in the airport with news being announced on the website first, waiting for a taxi for two hours afterwards, extra food costs etc) This was over two months ago and haven't heard anything yet. This was Easyjet.

Original Poster

What happened with me and my family was waiting for the plane to leave Cardiff to come to Malaga and pick us up. A baggage truck drove in to the plane. Thomson found a spare plane in Luton and flew to Cardiff then to malaga and back to Cardiff. Over all, waited 5hrs until we took off and then another 2 and half hrs until landed.

richje10013 m ago

What happened with me and my family was waiting for the plane to leave …What happened with me and my family was waiting for the plane to leave Cardiff to come to Malaga and pick us up. A baggage truck drove in to the plane. Thomson found a spare plane in Luton and flew to Cardiff then to malaga and back to Cardiff. Over all, waited 5hrs until we took off and then another 2 and half hrs until landed.

Can't see how you qualify for anything under those circumstances as it was an accident beyond the airlines control

You waited 5hrs until you took off and then another 2 and half until you landed.....

You do realise that take off and landing are different and the landing will always be later than the take off (local time)?

What was your scheduled arrival time compared to your actual arrival time?

travelsupermarket.com/blo…ht/

Original Poster

windym35 m ago

You waited 5hrs until you took off and then another 2 and half until you …You waited 5hrs until you took off and then another 2 and half until you landed.....You do realise that take off and landing are different and the landing will always be later than the take off (local time)?What was your scheduled arrival time compared to your actual arrival time?http://www.travelsupermarket.com/blog/am-i-entitled-to-compensation-for-a-delayed-flight/

I'm sure I read somewhere that the total delay time is from the original departure time until you land unless I've read that wrong somewhere

richje1002 h, 15 m ago

I'm sure I read somewhere that the total delay time is from the original …I'm sure I read somewhere that the total delay time is from the original departure time until you land unless I've read that wrong somewhere

Yes you definitely read that wrong! Delay is scheduled arrival time to actual arrival time. However I can't imagine you are entitled to compensation in this example as the reason for the delay was out of the airlines hands.

Original Poster

Fingers crossed I get the same as this guy
delay example

richje1005 h, 11 m ago

Fingers crossed I get the same as this guydelay example

I highly doubt compensation was paid on the basis of the EU rules in those circumstances

Original Poster

chocci14th Sep

I highly doubt compensation was paid on the basis of the EU rules in those …I highly doubt compensation was paid on the basis of the EU rules in those circumstances

Just to update u, called Thomson after sales care and a letter was posted yesterday saying a cheque is on its way. For some reason it's for £1074 nowhere near the €1600 I should get and even with exchange rate it still ain't right. They've got back in touch with legal team as they shouldn't discount it for kids

richje1004 m ago

Just to update u, called Thomson after sales care and a letter was posted …Just to update u, called Thomson after sales care and a letter was posted yesterday saying a cheque is on its way. For some reason it's for £1074 nowhere near the €1600 I should get and even with exchange rate it still ain't right. They've got back in touch with legal team as they shouldn't discount it for kids

if that's true, fine, but for some reason i find that hard to believe because:

1. it was a baggage truck not owned by the airline, so it was not within the airline's control

2. it's never resolved this quickly

Original Poster

I'll put the letter up on here when I receive it

Original Poster

adamspencer9515th Sep

if that's true, fine, but for some reason i find that hard to believe …if that's true, fine, but for some reason i find that hard to believe because:1. it was a baggage truck not owned by the airline, so it was not within the airline's control2. it's never resolved this quickly

Had the letter and cheque today.
32033149-4knk2.jpg
32033149-lFI2T.jpg

adamspencer9515th Sep

if that's true, fine, but for some reason i find that hard to believe …if that's true, fine, but for some reason i find that hard to believe because:1. it was a baggage truck not owned by the airline, so it was not within the airline's control2. it's never resolved this quickly

Aren't the baggage service providers engaged as agents of the airlines, though? When you go to airports, usually the smaller airlines will have a sign in the baggage area saying that ground services for them are provided by whichever company/ other airline. So it's possible you could argue that delay caused by the airline's agent is the same as if it was caused by equipment directly owned by the airline.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants