Flight Delay Compensation? Am I entitled to anything

Found 13th Jul
I booked a return flight from Glasgow to Toronto via LHR with British Airways. I booked this in January. My outbound flight was fine however my flight from Toronto to Glasgow was delayed. I was supposed to fly out from Toronto at 18:30 however the flight was delayed until 22:45. We were only notified of this at the check in desk at 15:30. When I checked my online booking nothing was mention nor did I receive the apparent email I was supposed to have been sent, informing me of the delay.

I was given the option of waiting for the flight however by the time the flight arrived into Heathrow the first few flights were fully booked and I’d have to wait a further
8 hours for a connecting flight. Having 2 kids with us we were not keen to do so. The only thing that was offered to us was meal vouchers.

British Airways agent then offered us a flight with Icelandair via Reykjavik which would depart at 9pm. I was also offers a flight with Aer Lingus which via Dublin. This flight was scheduled for 17:30 however there was a 30 min delay so take off time was 18:00 which suited us better as this was earlier than our original LHR flight. We felt this was the best option despite the fact we would arrive in Dublin at 6am and our connecting flight to Glasgow was not until 10am.

Because we had chosen the flight to Dublin we were not given any meal vouchers etc as they argued that I’m not waiting over 4 hrs from my original flight. I asked if I would receive the same perks onboard Aer Lingus and I did British Airways i.e. free alcoholic and soft drinks, 2 free meals and free snacks throughout. I was assured this would be the case.

Flight with Aer Lingus was comfortable but only offered one drink of cola from a 2 litre bottle poured into a cup followed by a drink of water later. Only soft drinks were included and if I wanted a beer it was costing me 8 Canadian dollars or 5 Euro. I thought this was poor. Equally poor was the mediocre meal that was served up. Nothing in comparison to BA who served a large meal followed by a smaller meal. The meal we had was poor and expecting another meal for my breakfast I was a little deflated when I was handed a 125ml cup of fresh orange and a plain muffin. Really poor to be honest.

Bottom line is I want to know if I’m entitled to any type of compensation at all. I feel as though I’ve been messed around. I’ve read those of conflicting information online. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Community Updates
AskHolidays & Leisure
9 Comments
few sources for you
bfy.tw/J1Ha
deleted396333
You've already read conflicting information online, so you'll probably get more conflicting information here, online.
What time did you eventually arrive in Glasgow and what was your original scheduled arrival time?
Original arrival was at 9:40am and now it’s 11am
Apparently if it’s less than 3hrs I can still claim 200 Euro per passenger although unsure
christopherguy2522 m ago

Apparently if it’s less than 3hrs I can still claim 200 Euro per passenger …Apparently if it’s less than 3hrs I can still claim 200 Euro per passenger although unsure

Has to be over 3 hours I thought
This website states 4hrs or less is 300 Euro per person

citizensinformation.ie/en/…tml
Edited by: "christopherguy25" 13th Jul
Claim. The worst they can do is say no.
I checked BA website which states the following

The levels of compensation are limited by EU regulation as follows:

• 250 EUR for flights of up to 1,500km
  • 400 EUR for flights within the EU of more than 1,500km, and for all other flights between 1,500km and 3,500km
  • 600 EUR for all other flights
These amounts are reduced by 50% if we can offer you an alternative flight route to your final destination with a new scheduled arrival time that doesn’t exceed the original scheduled arrival time by:

• Two hours for flights of up to 1,500km
  • Three hours for all flights within the EU of more than 1,500km, and for all other flights between 1,500km and 3,500km
  • Four hours for all other flights.

So should I receive 50% of 600 Euro per person?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants