Expired

Flight help !!!

Found 16th Jul
Flight help!!

Hi any way to reduce the air faire for 4 people travelling from Tenerife either 16th, 17th, 18th August, it could include going to another country but budget is very tight, I live closest to Manchester airport I would prefer to fly on the 17th, my budget was £150 each if this is possible 2 bags at 20kg and 2 flight bags.

Thanks in advance

Community Updates
AskHolidays & Leisure
Top comments
@bingoqueen1010 This is your 7th discussion on this topic since January, and yet you’ve still not booked. Flight prices increase the nearer the flight date and are not heavily discounted anytime throughout the school six week holidays.
Your quest to find return flights as low as £40 each way for four passengers is just not out there.
If you don’t book in the next couple of days you run the high risk of not being able to be book anywhere as everywhere is sold out or too expensive. The only things available will be the holidays that are not sought after.
22 Comments
Use Google to search for flights and then setup a monitor for price changes
ok thanks, is there any other companies that do flights cheap one way like holiday pirates ?
All flights are about £300 each, anyone got any tips ??
August is peak season as its in the middle of the school holidays prices are always high. All you can do is search using kayak or skyscanner and try different airports. Chances are you wont find much cheaper.
I assume package holiday is OK to you?
Go to lastminutes.com.
Click inspire me
Choose the date and airport of departure and see what come up.
Don’t go, that’ll save you some.

Seriously, look at rubbish times or different airports, that’s about your best bet.
£150 in the school holidays? I'd say you have no chance. You can get to Edinburgh on 16th for £147 if that is any good via jet2
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 16th Jul
Just the flights or accommodation as well?
EDIT: Skyscanner show it at £63 each flying out with with Easyjet on the 16th at 17:35, that's one way as you didn't give a duration.
Edited by: "joedastudd" 16th Jul
Your budget is very limited for the time of the year and destination you have chosen. For best prices try selecting other nearest airports use skyscanner to play around with airports and dates. Also try the two airports in Tenerife. You may find it cheaper to fry into one and return from another. Occasionally TUI and Thomas Cook have a flight sale but that really is when they have empty seats. Doubt it if this is the case for these dates.
@bingoqueen1010 This is your 7th discussion on this topic since January, and yet you’ve still not booked. Flight prices increase the nearer the flight date and are not heavily discounted anytime throughout the school six week holidays.
Your quest to find return flights as low as £40 each way for four passengers is just not out there.
If you don’t book in the next couple of days you run the high risk of not being able to be book anywhere as everywhere is sold out or too expensive. The only things available will be the holidays that are not sought after.
Sad to say you can't find a cheap flight because it's peak travel time. No tips, because there are none.

I've had a look for you, even the cheapest flights (for one week on the dates you want to leave) when you add on the cost for bags (they charge each way), is about £100 over your budget. The cheapest flights do appear to be from Edinburough, adding to your costs, travelling from Manchester.
Edited by: "cideristhefuture" 16th Jul
Toptrumpet31 m ago

@bingoqueen1010 This is your 7th discussion on this topic since January, …@bingoqueen1010 This is your 7th discussion on this topic since January, and yet you’ve still not booked. Flight prices increase the nearer the flight date and are not heavily discounted anytime throughout the school six week holidays. Your quest to find return flights as low as £40 each way for four passengers is just not out there. If you don’t book in the next couple of days you run the high risk of not being able to be book anywhere as everywhere is sold out or too expensive. The only things available will be the holidays that are not sought after.

He who hesitated is lost and all that. £10:flights are not just going to materialize in the summer holidays. The reason I looked at Edinburgh is because the Scottish schools will be going back then.
ok, that's a great help, just to confirm its just flights, so anymore around the £150 each mark is great, thanks, great comments

thanks for helping
There is also the option of travelling from Tenerife north if that helps....
think I have found a solution it means going two airports but its getting the cost down, thanks for all your help !! If you find any deals and it means two airports that's fine as long as its less than £150 and I can add luggage on after....
£150 EACH of course...….
bingoqueen101038 m ago

£150 EACH of course...….

Of course having half of HUKD search flights on those dates is only helping to drive up the price!!!
Yes lol, thanks for looking.
cideristhefuture15 h, 43 m ago

Sad to say you can't find a cheap flight because it's peak travel time. …Sad to say you can't find a cheap flight because it's peak travel time. No tips, because there are none. I've had a look for you, even the cheapest flights (for one week on the dates you want to leave) when you add on the cost for bags (they charge each way), is about £100 over your budget. The cheapest flights do appear to be from Edinburough, adding to your costs, travelling from Manchester.

Op wants a one way ticket From tenerife to preferably Manchester
@bingoqueen1010 Tenerife to Manchester is a 4 hour flight, not sure how old your children are but I would recommend getting a direct flight there and back. Why would you want to go via another airport just to save a few £’s?. A connecting flight could add at least 2 hours to your journey that will eat into your holiday time and just add to any stress levels, what happens if your first leg of your journey is delayed etc. Just think of the well-being of the rest of your party and book direct flights.
If you were flying long haul that would be a different matter, but a short 4 hour flight - just fly direct.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 17th Jul
Think your out of luck for a cheap flight in mid august. Your best bet would be to very quickly, make a new best friend who works for an airline and get added to their friend and family list or up your budget to something more realistic.

I was very miffed when a friend moved from British Airways to one of the Big 4. New York for £6 each !
chocci3 h, 55 m ago

Op wants a one way ticket From tenerife to preferably Manchester

Yes I know op does, but as I said the cheapest flights I could find fly from Edinburgh, £100 over her budget and adding travel costs for the cheapest flight.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants