Expired

Flight simulator game for PC. Help Please!

Found 21st Dec 2010
hi, my brother in law of age 38yrs has asked for a flight simulator game for the PC for xmas........i have no idea what i am looking for so wondered if anyone can recommend a few.

Looking to spend £25 max

14 Comments

Banned

Flight simulator X

[code]amazon.co.uk/dp/…266?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=****&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B000F6Y5IW[/code]

You're mad to think you'll get it in time for Christmas, and they don't make it any more so won't find it in stores.
Edited by: "lumoruk" 21st Dec 2010

yeah looks out of stock most places. cheapest i could find in stock here

could be there's a new release planned

Banned

zurich

yeah looks out of stock most places. cheapest i could find in stock … yeah looks out of stock most places. cheapest i could find in stock herecould be there's a new release planned

no Microsoft fired the development team X)

Banned

And the amazon one is in stock at £10.99 but the one above is the gold edition which comes with the acceleration pack, well worth it.

lumoruk

really, having played the game i can't say i am surprised. X)

you can get FS X from the microsoft store on download. its about £30 iirc
but i dont think you can get hard copy's anymore

Original Poster

thanks everyone for your advice, will have a look and see how i get on. (_;)

x plane..... Far better, but much harder. about 15 quid on amazon

lumoruk

Microsoft are in development of another Flight sim to follow on from FSX

microsoft.com/gam…ht/

Banned

dickieboy

x plane..... Far better, but much harder. about 15 quid on amazon

More realistic but less fun and graphics not the greatest oh and that £15 doesn't cover the map packs which are really expensive.
Edited by: "lumoruk" 22nd Dec 2010

Banned

Kessa

Microsoft are in development of another Flight sim to follow on from … Microsoft are in development of another Flight sim to follow on from FSXhttp://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

wow cheers, nice to know, but FSX still won't go full detail on my computer. Think I need to get a 1GB graphics card in time for MS Flight then

lumoruk, any idea where these maps come from on X plane Version 9 comes with 60gb of maps and scenery. cant see individual mappacks for sale

Original Poster

oh, your confusing me now lol, i saw this one on gamestation........will it one be ok?
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Games/PC-Games/Simulation-Flight/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X/~r404694/?s=flight+x

Could give Flightgear a bash...it is free after all
flightgear.org/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247670
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…57120
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769607
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314661

See more discussions