Found 16th Feb
Hi all,

I'm looking to fly out to Brisbane in June from London. I have browsed a few websites and I'm getting prices around £570 (1st 2 weeks of June). Before I go ahead and book any tickets, I thought I'd ask on HUKD as there are quite a few travel experts. Would prefer a flight which isn't going to take 40+ hours (!!).

Thanks!

1. Ask
  2. Flight
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Flight
13 Comments

Check out web site Momondo.com. I know someone who flew Etihad, its about 23 or 24 hours price around 550 i think

Original Poster

Thanks! I have a received a quotation for £614 for Etihad (23hr each way) from Southall Travel. It seems like a lot of people have had a bad experience with them - has anyone used them before?

one way or return ...? Emirates has a sale on at the moment btw

Original Poster

Splodger101

one way or return ...? Emirates has a sale on at the moment btw

Return.

Thanks, I'll check Emirates out.

Original Poster

Emirates currently has a fare of £670. £100 more than what I'd want to pay but it's directly through the airlines. Any suggestions?

Momondo.com for the 5th to 19th june showing a flight for 562 etihad , 23hours going out 29 coming back. I booked flights with southall travel last July, i had no problem with them.

Original Poster

Good shout. I'm still leaning towards booking directly from Emirates for £671 just for peace of mind. The £562 is from some dodgy company, but there is one for £590 for the same date with a company named Travel to India. Looks like I'll be paying roughly £600 through an agency vs £670 directly with the flight.

Check secret flying or jacks flight club

Quidco gives 2.5% cashback .... that'll buy you a couple of tinnies in Brisbane lols. My daughter is currently in Brisbane 'finding herself' after Uni - she loves it there, cheaper than Sydney and Melbourne - she spent £8000 in 9 weeks discovering the Gold Coast up through to Cairns. Internal flights are dirt-cheap (Jetstar).

iKayZee

Emirates currently has a fare of £670. £100 more than what I'd want to p … Emirates currently has a fare of £670. £100 more than what I'd want to pay but it's directly through the airlines. Any suggestions?

iKayZee

Thanks! I have a received a quotation for £614 for Etihad (23hr each way) … Thanks! I have a received a quotation for £614 for Etihad (23hr each way) from Southall Travel. It seems like a lot of people have had a bad experience with them - has anyone used them before?

Used ST many times and never had any major issues. You can always get the PNR number for your ticket once you've booked and then check your booking using this on the airlines website. Also check Skyscanner

I used to use Skyscanner, but recently found Momondo which is a better website, but you can get slightly different results, so worth trying both.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and booked my flight through STA Travel with Etihad for £570. I'll have 7 hours in Abu Dhabi during my return flight so I'll get a chance to pop out and visit the Grand Mosque.

iKayZee

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and booked my flight through STA Travel … Thanks everyone! I went ahead and booked my flight through STA Travel with Etihad for £570. I'll have 7 hours in Abu Dhabi during my return flight so I'll get a chance to pop out and visit the Grand Mosque.

Good for you. I think they do a free city 3 hour trip for longer lay overs, check it out, maybe check airport website. Depending on the time of day you could always use the airport hotel, or do an up grade to use the Business lounge, mind its very busy.

Hope you enjoy your trip
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322833
    2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7861475
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710975
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247575

See more discussions