Flights question

Found 12th Apr
If I’ve booked a return flight with Opodo, with two separate airlines, I.e going out with Ryan air and coming back with Thomas cook... then decide not to take the flight out, can I still catch the flight back?

I’ve messed up an island hopping plan and trying to save it!!

Thanks
Community Updates
10 Comments
If it is with 2 different airlines (not from the same group) then it probably isn't a return but 2 singles so this shouldn't be a problem. Do you have 2 separate e-tickets?
Original Poster
I have separate conformation from Thomas cook and Ryan air, neither of which mention the other...
No problem then
Original Poster
Thanks both
I don't think flights are ever really returns, I think they are always treated as separate journeys. I booked a return last year with Ryanair and it ended up that I couldn't make the flight out and had to book another flight out a couple of days later, I contacted Ryanair to try and cancel the flight or at least let them know I wouldn't be flying but they weren't bothered and told me there was no need to do anything and just check in as normal for the flight back.
Skaman3 h, 7 m ago

I don't think flights are ever really returns, I think they are always …I don't think flights are ever really returns, I think they are always treated as separate journeys. I booked a return last year with Ryanair and it ended up that I couldn't make the flight out and had to book another flight out a couple of days later, I contacted Ryanair to try and cancel the flight or at least let them know I wouldn't be flying but they weren't bothered and told me there was no need to do anything and just check in as normal for the flight back.

Only when they aren’t the same airline and same booking reference, if you don’t turn up for the first flight the return us cancelled as they say how did you get there to come back.
eslick3 h, 16 m ago

Only when they aren’t the same airline and same booking reference, if you d …Only when they aren’t the same airline and same booking reference, if you don’t turn up for the first flight the return us cancelled as they say how did you get there to come back.

Even if it was a return flight with the same company, you do not have to travel the outbound flight to be able to travel the inbound. In any such case an airline should cancel your inbound flight you are entitled to a refund.
Edited by: "AirbusA380" 13th Apr
AirbusA38044 m ago

Even if it was a return flight with the same company, you do not have to …Even if it was a return flight with the same company, you do not have to travel the outbound flight to be able to travel the inbound. In any such case an airline should cancel your inbound flight you are entitled to a refund.

Which airline does this apply to? A lot of us will find the info very useful.

I've only flown literally 000s of times and for one booking reference, the booking conditions always require you to make the outward flight to have a seat on the inbound flight including multi leg, multi airline (although those are normally business and refundable).
Shouldn't be a problem, I used to do a slight variation on this when I used to go to Sharm for cheap diving holidays, I would book my fave hotel plus a package deal from the likes of Thomson and TUI, as that was always cheaper than flights alone.

The only hassle was informing the Thomson/Tui rep I wouldn't need their services. They always got miffed and told me I couldn't do that and to get on the bus, but never had any problems with flying back.
well i booked two separate flights with ryan air, booked return first, then out bound, as return was on offer so wanted to get it first, lol i hope i am oka
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions