Flights to Egypt

Posted 2nd Jan
Anyone know a cheap way to get to sharm or Cairo, or a route that has a few days layover somewhere interesting?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Naples for 1-2 days then onto sharm? Cheap flights with ryanair.
Check skyscanner
Via Brussels although I wouldn't say sharm is an interesting place in the slightest
chocci03/01/2020 07:31

Via Brussels although I wouldn't say sharm is an interesting place in the …Via Brussels although I wouldn't say sharm is an interesting place in the slightest

Depends on your perspective...if you are into snorkelling or diving then Sharm is one of the top places in the world within an easy flight of the UK...

Generally routes to Sharm with a stopover are via Germany, Italy or Istanbul. Or you could fly to Hurghada and take a short Egypt Air flight across. That said, direct flights to Sharm restarted in December 2019 so why do you want to stop over? Easyjet should do some cheap fares depending on time of year...
bluep03/01/2020 16:14

Depends on your perspective...if you are into snorkelling or diving then …Depends on your perspective...if you are into snorkelling or diving then Sharm is one of the top places in the world within an easy flight of the UK...Generally routes to Sharm with a stopover are via Germany, Italy or Istanbul. Or you could fly to Hurghada and take a short Egypt Air flight across. That said, direct flights to Sharm restarted in December 2019 so why do you want to stop over? Easyjet should do some cheap fares depending on time of year...

There aren't any direct flights from the UK, even now
Edited by: "chocci" 3rd Jan
chocci03/01/2020 07:31

Via Brussels although I wouldn't say sharm is an interesting place in the …Via Brussels although I wouldn't say sharm is an interesting place in the slightest

bluep03/01/2020 16:14

Depends on your perspective...if you are into snorkelling or diving then …Depends on your perspective...if you are into snorkelling or diving then Sharm is one of the top places in the world within an easy flight of the UK...Generally routes to Sharm with a stopover are via Germany, Italy or Istanbul. Or you could fly to Hurghada and take a short Egypt Air flight across. That said, direct flights to Sharm restarted in December 2019 so why do you want to stop over? Easyjet should do some cheap fares depending on time of year...

It's sunny, the snorkeling is great, the 5* hotels are cheap, so basically the complete opposite to here and that's why I want to go also I haven't seen the pyramids in years. Flights from here have a 9 hour layover which is a horrible amount of time imo so I'm looking for an interesting city to fly from as a bonus trip for a couple of days before a relaxing break in sharm. Hurgada is easier and cheaper but snorkeling is poor unless you do a boat trip and you can't even go for a walk to the town like you can in sharm.
chocci03/01/2020 16:32

There aren't any direct flights from the UK, even now

I thought Tui etc had restarted them? And Easyjet was to follow shortly?
jumpinoffthbed03/01/2020 17:47

It's sunny, the snorkeling is great, the 5* hotels are cheap, so basically …It's sunny, the snorkeling is great, the 5* hotels are cheap, so basically the complete opposite to here and that's why I want to go also I haven't seen the pyramids in years. Flights from here have a 9 hour layover which is a horrible amount of time imo so I'm looking for an interesting city to fly from as a bonus trip for a couple of days before a relaxing break in sharm. Hurgada is easier and cheaper but snorkeling is poor unless you do a boat trip and you can't even go for a walk to the town like you can in sharm.

I agree - Hurghada is rubbish for diving and snorkelling. The town is ok though - have spent many nights wandering around eating and having a few drinks. But I have lots of friends in Hurghada so I guess it’s more of a social place for me because of that.

What about Egypt Air to Cairo, hop off for a few days to see the pyramids and then fly onto Sharm?
bluep03/01/2020 22:41

I thought Tui etc had restarted them? And Easyjet was to follow shortly?

Tui seem to be restarting in late Feb but flights are all £500+ return
Edited by: "chocci" 4th Jan
chocci04/01/2020 06:01

Tui seem to be restarting in late Feb but flights are all £500+ return …Tui seem to be restarting in late Feb but flights are all £500+ return

Yikes. Forget that! Even Turkish via Istanbul was £300-400. Easyjet should hopefully bring the prices down. Can’t wait to get back out there and dive. Marsa and Hurghada aren’t anywhere near the quality of Sharm dive sites.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions