Groups

Flights to Paris

I've been looking for flights(2 adults) to Paris for a 3 night break mid July. I found what I thought was a great deal on Ryanair as the ones from Glasgow to Paris were £0.00 and the return journey was £9.99 but by the time I got to checkout it was over £180.00....Is there anyway to escape the taxes & fee's....I've heard that you can pay by a certain card and its cheaper....Anyone know if this is true? Or any other way to get them a little cheaper

12 Comments

Have a look at emasu's thread. hotukdeals.com/for…085
    Basically you need to travel light and trawl through until you find flights without the taxes etc.
    Pay with an electron card - not all Electron cards though. There are threads on here about it. Sorry, I'm just on my way to bed, so a bit brief.

Ryanair's headline fares are based on it being a promotional fare, you have hand luggage only & are paying by Visa Election. Any other way and you will pay more - generally a lot more.

And have you factored in the costs of getting from Glasgow to Prestwick and Beauvais to Paris which will increase the costs even more

The airport ryanair use is very far out. I would not use it for a 3 day trip.

Banned

lottie_dodd;5618397

The airport ryanair use is very far out. I would not use it for a 3 day … The airport ryanair use is very far out. I would not use it for a 3 day trip.

what difference does it make for a 3 day trip!

France has one of the best train networks in the world - I am sure it would be no hassle getting a train to and from Beauvais

Banned

It's a Visa Electon card you should use to avoid the card fees.
    The current Ryanair offer is £10 flights- for these 'SPECIAL OFFER' is displayed rather than 'regular fare'.
    (Can't see any of these in July though- just September)

Yummymummy, I would defo recommend using Emasu's post as highlighted above to avoid the additional charges.

Also remember that if you go to Prestwick by train, show the conductor your baording pass and you will get half price train tickets,.

When you get to Beauvais airport, there are buses outside the terminal building that will take you straight to Port Mailliot in Central Paris. From there you can get the Metro to your hotel from the Palais des France centre across the road from where you get dropped off the bus. Bus is about 11e and takes about an hour and 15 mins.

If you need any info or help let me know.

I've lived in Paris for a while.

Original Poster

chesso;5616322

Have a look at emasu's thread. … Have a look at emasu's thread. http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222085Basically you need to travel light and trawl through until you find flights without the taxes etc.Pay with an electron card - not all Electron cards though. There are threads on here about it. Sorry, I'm just on my way to bed, so a bit brief.

Thanks i'll look there

Original Poster

alanrowell;5616806

Ryanair's headline fares are based on it being a promotional fare, you … Ryanair's headline fares are based on it being a promotional fare, you have hand luggage only & are paying by Visa Election. Any other way and you will pay more - generally a lot more.And have you factored in the costs of getting from Glasgow to Prestwick and Beauvais to Paris which will increase the costs even more

Yip
    Thanks for reminding me though....its all these wee things that add up and make any trip dearer

Original Poster

lottie_dodd;5618397

The airport ryanair use is very far out. I would not use it for a 3 day … The airport ryanair use is very far out. I would not use it for a 3 day trip.

I might also have a look at Easyjet

Original Poster

dimebars;5618447

what difference does it make for a 3 day trip!France has one of the best … what difference does it make for a 3 day trip!France has one of the best train networks in the world - I am sure it would be no hassle getting a train to and from Beauvais

I've never been before...hence i'm asking other peoples advice

Original Poster

claire89;5618624

It's a Visa Electon card you should use to avoid the card fees.The … It's a Visa Electon card you should use to avoid the card fees.The current Ryanair offer is £10 flights- for these 'SPECIAL OFFER' is displayed rather than 'regular fare'.(Can't see any of these in July though- just September):)

yeh...I dont have a visa electron so i'm going to have to pay the dearer prices

Original Poster

Toybhoy;5631149

Yummymummy, I would defo recommend using Emasu's post as highlighted … Yummymummy, I would defo recommend using Emasu's post as highlighted above to avoid the additional charges.Also remember that if you go to Prestwick by train, show the conductor your baording pass and you will get half price train tickets,.When you get to Beauvais airport, there are buses outside the terminal building that will take you straight to Port Mailliot in Central Paris. From there you can get the Metro to your hotel from the Palais des France centre across the road from where you get dropped off the bus. Bus is about 11e and takes about an hour and 15 mins.If you need any info or help let me know. I've lived in Paris for a while.

Thanx for your info...i'll keep you in mind if I need further help :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????23
      2. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      3. Good Sim only deals??611
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1424

See more discussions