Flip, a 3 hour phone bill

Found 17th Oct 2010
my mate borrwed my homephone to call up his mom for a ride, however he left the line on for over 3 and a half hours
anything i could do :'(

44 Comments

Send him the bill

Banned

''my mate borrwed my homephone to call up his mom for a ride''

i lol'd

lol sick and wrong

Banned

Split the bill with your mate. That'll teach you to lend him it again.

I thought if the other person put their phone down it would disconnect the line & not leave it open ?

Banned

richp

I thought if the other person put their phone down it would disconnect … I thought if the other person put their phone down it would disconnect the line & not leave it open ?

on my phone, the call will only end when the person who made the call puts the receiver down. unless i unplug it at the wall. then it resets.

richp

I thought if the other person put their phone down it would disconnect … I thought if the other person put their phone down it would disconnect the line & not leave it open ?

Not if it's a landline

Yeah, drive him home yourself next time.

Banned

'mom'

Are you an American?

Tell him to pay! Either that or you pay. Unless of course; you are hoping somehow that your telephone provider should pay for your mate's folly..........
Edited by: "csiman" 18th Oct 2010

Supermod

How much was it?!

magicjay1986

How much was it?!

BT at 12.5p for 180mins gives £22.50.

Doesn't your phone make that wierd wooo wooo sound when you forget to hang up. Yeh I think the options are there ask him to pay, better off getting some free beers of em next time rather than transacting money.

Was it landline to landline or landline to mobile?

Banned

Ring the phone company they might be sympathetic.

Mine was with me last month for a £22 call woops!

get a decent mobile contract and you'll have no problem

Banned

numptyj

get a decent mobile contract and you'll have no problem

Buy me one (_;)

£22? hardly going to break the bank is it?

Banned

so the other person never hung up either, ermmmmm

Sloth/Mod

I thought this was going to be an Epic phone bill.

What a let down.

Banned

souljacker

£22? hardly going to break the bank is it?

Not my bank but they gave my man a free month's rental

Yup ring bt tell them , they give you the money back plus compo for the hassle

DLM

Buy me one (_;)

I'll buy you a holiday first, you deserve it xxxx

Sloth/Mod

DLM

Not my bank but they gave my man a free month's rental

Wow........a fiver. lol

Banned

Syzable

Wow........a fiver. lol

£21 with broadband

am doubting u get charged for 3 hours unless mummy left her phone on as well, so she could listen to u pittar patter around ur apartment.....:{

Banned

sassie

so the other person never hung up either, ermmmmm

only the caller can hang up on bt landlines

Banned

csiman

jeeps, didnt know that, easily done then i suppose oO

csiman

Landline to Landline, a Landline to Mobile the receiver can terminate the call

Sloth/Mod

Did you not here the siren noise it makes.........it's a tad loud after a few mins.

Banned

Syzable

Did you not here the siren noise it makes.........it's a tad loud after a … Did you not here the siren noise it makes.........it's a tad loud after a few mins.

i would imagine that wouldnt happen, as the call would still be intact, that only happens when its an open line, if you know what i mean

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture

Landline to Landline, a Landline to Mobile the receiver can terminate the … Landline to Landline, a Landline to Mobile the receiver can terminate the call

My friend rang me up after he noticed he had been on a call to me for 3 hours X)

Syzable

I thought this was going to be an Epic phone bill.What a let down.

had an epic phone bill while serving on a 3 month secondment in Canada - rented a tri-band mobile so that i could ring home... got back to an £800 phone bill !!!!

Syzable

Did you not here the siren noise it makes.........it's a tad loud after a … Did you not here the siren noise it makes.........it's a tad loud after a few mins.

The howler will only come on when it's an open line (no one on the other end)

Sloth/Mod

Paddy_o_furniture

The howler will only come on when it's an open line (no one on the other … The howler will only come on when it's an open line (no one on the other end)

Oh, didn't know that.

This thread should be given educational status. lol

Banned

arcangel111

had an epic phone bill while serving on a 3 month secondment in Canada - … had an epic phone bill while serving on a 3 month secondment in Canada - rented a tri-band mobile so that i could ring home... got back to an £800 phone bill !!!!

Were you faithful in canada?

yes - i was surrounded by thousands of british squaddies on an exercise - wasn't a "jolly holiday"

Edited by: "arcangel111" 18th Oct 2010

Banned

arcangel111

yes - i was surrounded by thousands of british squaddies on an exercise - … yes - i was surrounded by thousands of british squaddies on an exercise - wasn't a "jolly holiday"

I thought the army was 1 big holiday

Kill him and then change your username.

DLM

I thought the army was 1 big holiday

True...
walks along the beach, jumping out of planes ( why that is classed as fun i don't know )
drinking with your mates - oh and the odd shooting of a gun here and there

Sloth/Mod

Hope your mate isn't Big Rick oO

Banned

arcangel111

True... walks along the beach, jumping out of planes ( why that is … True... walks along the beach, jumping out of planes ( why that is classed as fun i don't know )drinking with your mates - oh and the odd shooting of a gun here and there

Sounds fab I bet you wish you were still in the army.
Post a comment
@
    Text