Flixster video shutting down! Migrate available videos in Flixster Video collections to Google Play

Posted 20th Jun
A heads up but everyone affected will probably receive the same email, at least by the looks of it the bulk of your library will migrate to Google play which I'm more than happy with tbh.

IMPORTANT ACCOUNT NOTICE

To Flixster Video users:

Thank you for using Flixster Video to watch your favorite movies and television shows.

Following the announcement by UltraViolet that it will be discontinuing its service on July 31, 2019, we are writing to provide you notice that Flixster Video is planning to shut down its website, applications and operations on October 31, 2019.

To enable you to continue to enjoy your video collection after the shutdown of Flixster Video, we have made arrangements to allow Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video collections to Google Play. Google Play is a global online store that is home to the latest apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, books and magazines you can enjoy and share on all your favorite devices.

Please note that certain videos in your Flixster Video collection may not be available for migration to Google Play. Certain other limitations may apply subject to the terms of service and available features of Google Play in your country.

We will provide you further notice and information once this Flixster Video – Google Play migration process is available for Flixster Video users, which is expected to be in July 2019.

In the meantime, prior to July 31, 2019, please go to Flixster Video, log in to your Flixster Video account and make sure that your account is linked and remains linked to your Ultraviolet library to ensure that your Flixster Video collection is up to date.Thank you,

The Flixster Video Team
Community Updates
I did just post this as a separate 'deal' to say that it had gone live but mods removed it and referred me to this old post from June!

At any rate, this is now live on migrate.flixstervideo.com. (migrate.flixstervideo.com)

Read instructions and login to both your Google account and flixster account and migrate each film one at a time. There is no bulk migrate button...
3299177-6q9Li.jpg
Misc

Groups

Top comments
cmdr_elito20/06/2019 18:32

No as it’s pretty obvious that it is only possible that users of a service …No as it’s pretty obvious that it is only possible that users of a service would receive an email and to anyone else this communication is irrelevant hence my point that everyone has received an email is true and correct.Would you expect an email to come to you if some random online shop in Japan closed down and you had never bought from or used their services? No, you wouldn’t. Flixster has contacted everyone who uses the service so this whole thread is irrelevant.

I have a Flixster account. It’s registered to my email address.

I did not get this email. Yes I checked. I even checked my spam folder too. Nothing. So if it was not for the OP, I wouldn’t have known about this.

ndksamb20/06/2019 18:51

My apologies for making a posintless misc thread, if it's that irrelevant …My apologies for making a posintless misc thread, if it's that irrelevant I don't know why yourwastng your time posting on it? Just move on/expire it/report it. JeezReason I thought I'd pop it on was because it not everyone looks at their emails regularly especially if they have multiple accounts so could have quite easily been missed. A heads up so to speak

I didn’t get the email despite having a Flixster account, so thanks for the heads up.
lettherebedeals24/09/2019 16:31

Ive Just migrated my entire collection takes time and I only had 53 titles …Ive Just migrated my entire collection takes time and I only had 53 titles in Flixster, you have to manually migrate them one at a time, also I have noticed its VERY IMPORTANT to have the same email address that you use for Flixster as you use for Google, otherwise it feel this could become quite a complex procedure, so my advise would be to change your Flixster email address to the same email address you use for Google Movies prior to migration.

I used different emails and it worked fine for me. (Except for some missing titles)
211 Comments
Thanks for info.

Can you watch via YouTube?

Google app not on Philips tv or now stick don’t think.

Kerfuffle with HDMI
Everyone has been emailed with this message.
ChuckTheDuck20/06/2019 05:46

Thanks for info. Can you watch via YouTube? Google app not on Philips tv …Thanks for info. Can you watch via YouTube? Google app not on Philips tv or now stick don’t think. Kerfuffle with HDMI

Yes I believe you can. There's a purchases tab somewhere and they're there
Hopefully they might start talking about us getting Movies Anywhere
So UV codes are migrating to google play? If so, sweeeeet!
old_mikefield20/06/2019 09:53

I haven't.

That’s because you don’t have an account linked to your email address.
cmdr_elito20/06/2019 17:51

That’s because you don’t have an account linked to your email address.

True.
Still, the statement that "everyone" has received an email is demonstrably false.
old_mikefield20/06/2019 18:20

True.Still, the statement that "everyone" has received an email is …True.Still, the statement that "everyone" has received an email is demonstrably false.

No as it’s pretty obvious that it is only possible that users of a service would receive an email and to anyone else this communication is irrelevant hence my point that everyone has received an email is true and correct.

Would you expect an email to come to you if some random online shop in Japan closed down and you had never bought from or used their services? No, you wouldn’t.

Flixster has contacted everyone who uses the service so this whole thread is irrelevant.

No as it’s pretty obvious that it is only possible that users of a service …No as it’s pretty obvious that it is only possible that users of a service would receive an email and to anyone else this communication is irrelevant hence my point that everyone has received an email is true and correct.Would you expect an email to come to you if some random online shop in Japan closed down and you had never bought from or used their services? No, you wouldn’t. Flixster has contacted everyone who uses the service so this whole thread is irrelevant.

My apologies for making a posintless misc thread, if it's that irrelevant I don't know why you're wastng your time posting on it? Just move on/expire it/report it. Jeez
Reason I thought I'd pop it on was because it not everyone looks at their emails regularly especially if they have multiple accounts so could have quite easily been missed. A heads up so to speak
Edited by: "ndksamb" 20th Jun

I have a Flixster account. It’s registered to my email address.

I did not get this email. Yes I checked. I even checked my spam folder too. Nothing. So if it was not for the OP, I wouldn’t have known about this.

ndksamb20/06/2019 18:51

My apologies for making a posintless misc thread, if it's that irrelevant …My apologies for making a posintless misc thread, if it's that irrelevant I don't know why yourwastng your time posting on it? Just move on/expire it/report it. JeezReason I thought I'd pop it on was because it not everyone looks at their emails regularly especially if they have multiple accounts so could have quite easily been missed. A heads up so to speak

I didn’t get the email despite having a Flixster account, so thanks for the heads up.

A few posts from users saying that they haven't received the email therefore "everyone" obviously didn't get it.
This is really rubbish.

No email my end. Loads of my movies aren’t on google play..... including all the James bonds!! Very annoying.

UV turned out to be a right con

digital “purchases” being a rip off??? Who’d of thunk it eh???

not all the people that keep telling me digital is the future....

the short term don’t actually own and could disappear at any time future....
old_mikefield20/06/2019 20:31

A few posts from users saying that they haven't received the email …A few posts from users saying that they haven't received the email therefore "everyone" obviously didn't get it.

Some of those people also said they didn’t even have a flixster account.....so why would they expect an email or even care?
Biddy220/06/2019 19:36

I have a Flixster account. It’s registered to my email address. I did not g …I have a Flixster account. It’s registered to my email address. I did not get this email. Yes I checked. I even checked my spam folder too. Nothing. So if it was not for the OP, I wouldn’t have known about this. I didn’t get the email despite having a Flixster account, so thanks for the heads up.

It also comes up when you login....you would have seen it.
cmdr_elito20/06/2019 23:09

Some of those people also said they didn’t even have a flixster a …Some of those people also said they didn’t even have a flixster account.....so why would they expect an email or even care?

Pedantry. It's a thing.
Actually, i think this is great. My Flixster/UV movies should get migrated to Google Play, so I can watch them via the google play app on my Roku or youtube. Plus i just went through a bunch of blu-rays with UV codes i hadn't redeemed, and most of them got added to my Google Play library straight away!
cmdr_elito20/06/2019 23:10

It also comes up when you login....you would have seen it.

I use the app on iOS. No mention of it on there when I start it up.

Flixster has always been terrible. The fact they haven’t covered all bases to notify people doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. I’m glad this is happening to be honest.

Again not true, mine is linked to email and I got nothing. Just checked the app, no pop up.
Edited by: "pinkleponkle" 21st Jun
Rec’d Flixster Email Thurs Eve & Uvvu Email Fri a/n. Has anybody ever used Kaleidoscope ? which is mentioned, other than Flixster, on uvvu.
‘Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video collections to Google Play. Google Play ’

With only 15 days left before Flixster and myUV shutdown, still no news from either regarding transferring our movie collections. Looks like we’re heading to lose our Collections?!!!!

Anyone have any news?
tomwatts20/06/2019 12:43

So UV codes are migrating to google play? If so, sweeeeet!

Still no news!
FrankGrimes17/07/2019 11:34

‘Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video c …‘Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video collections to Google Play. Google Play ’With only 15 days left before Flixster and myUV shutdown, still no news from either regarding transferring our movie collections. Looks like we’re heading to lose our Collections?!!!! Anyone have any news?

Not heard of anything either.
FrankGrimes17/07/2019 11:34

‘Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video c …‘Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video collections to Google Play. Google Play ’With only 15 days left before Flixster and myUV shutdown, still no news from either regarding transferring our movie collections. Looks like we’re heading to lose our Collections?!!!! Anyone have any news?

I've got the fact your info is wrong - UV closes down at the end of July. As long as you have your flixster and UV accounts connected you should be able to keep watchin the majority through the flixster site and app.

However, flixster is due to close October 31, 2019 - so at some point before October (email said hopefully July) you should be able to transfer the films to Google Play. But that could happen anytime up to the end of October.

The October date is even mentioned in the e-mail included from the OP.
Edited by: "alg" 17th Jul
alg17/07/2019 14:17

I've got the fact your info is wrong - UV closes down at the end of July. …I've got the fact your info is wrong - UV closes down at the end of July. As long as you have your flixster and UV accounts connected you should be able to keep watchin the majority through the flixster site and app.However, flixster is due to close October 31, 2019 - so at some point before October (email said hopefully July) you should be able to transfer the films to Google Play. But that could happen anytime up to the end of October.The October date is even mentioned in the e-mail included from the OP.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I miss read the October date and thought they were both closing in July. That’s a massive relief we have until October, as I have about 350 movies in my UV/Flixster library.
Hopefully we get to transfer to google play without an issue.

Personally I’m now a bit wounded from my ‘digital movie’ experiences so far, and constant fear of loosing my collection if I don’t act within a certain time ratio. I’ve now gone back to Soley purchasing hard copies.
FrankGrimes17/07/2019 16:22

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I miss read the October date and …Thanks for pointing that out to me, I miss read the October date and thought they were both closing in July. That’s a massive relief we have until October, as I have about 350 movies in my UV/Flixster library. Hopefully we get to transfer to google play without an issue. Personally I’m now a bit wounded from my ‘digital movie’ experiences so far, and constant fear of loosing my collection if I don’t act within a certain time ratio. I’ve now gone back to Soley purchasing hard copies.

My daughter and her friends laugh at the amount of CDs, DVDs and BluRays I have - I only have 60 or so UV items, but I'm the same. I'd much rather have physical copies because digital isn't necessarily forever.
alg17/07/2019 16:30

My daughter and her friends laugh at the amount of CDs, DVDs and BluRays I …My daughter and her friends laugh at the amount of CDs, DVDs and BluRays I have - I only have 60 or so UV items, but I'm the same. I'd much rather have physical copies because digital isn't necessarily forever.

Strangely, I was looking up the longevity of DVD’s and Blu-ray the other day, seems they think DVD’s will last over 100yrs, but Blu-rays May only last 15-20yrs due to the dye they use degrading. Not sure how much truth their is to that, but I now keep my DVD’s when I repurchase them on Blu-ray or 4K.
People should have had an e-mail update from Flixster yesterday, but in case you missed it:

To Flixster Video users:

As you are aware, UltraViolet will cease operations and shut down its service on July 31, 2019.

The shutdown of UltraViolet will not impact the titles in your Flixster Video collection or your ability to view those titles, as we have worked to retain each user’s video collection information on Flixster Video. You can also continue to redeem valid digital codes for movies and television shows on Flixster Video after the shutdown, but these redemptions will no longer be added to your UltraViolet account and will only appear in your Flixster Video collection.

We informed you in an e-mail last month that Flixster Video is planning to shut down its website, applications and operations later this year, and that we have made arrangements with Google Play to enable you to migrate available videos in your Flixster Video collection to Google Play. While we had expected the Flixster Video – Google Play migration process to be available in July, this migration process is not yet ready and available for Flixster Video users. We expect to launch this service soon and appreciate your patience.

We will provide you further notice and information once this migration process is ready and available for Flixster Video users.
Had email from Flixster >link< saying their migration to Google Play won't be happening until later in the year now (was due July)
Im worried my bond films wont port over to google
The Bond films are all on the Play store:
play.google.com/sto…Y0Q
Plus they can be family shared - I don't see any technical reason as to why they wouldn't port over.

I've only got a handful of films which have all come from Ultraviolet codes and tricking Vudu + MoviesAnywhere - imported the US Batman Animated Series when it was on offer.

I'm expecting the two Ghostbusters films I have on Flixster Video to port over to join the others I have on the Play store.
It's nice that my Samsung K5500 can stream from Google Play but personally I'd never part with a physical copy of anything especially since the discs can be ripped with the right hardware/setup.
I haven't received any email about flixster shutting down and have checked all the folders for my email. I logged into my flixster account and the correct email is there so I'm really confused by all this.
Cheers @alexjameshaines. I thought it had gone a little quite and still not heard anything via email but have managed to migrate my films etc without any issues at all.
Edited by: "ndksamb" 24th Sep
I got the migration email today. You log into both Flixster and Google and migrate one by one. It asks you to redeem into Google Play. All transferred except 3 that aren't available in Google Play...

Thanks for info. Can you watch via YouTube? Google app not on Philips tv …Thanks for info. Can you watch via YouTube? Google app not on Philips tv or now stick don’t think. Kerfuffle with HDMI

38535467-1SlDA.jpg
I’ve tried to do this but keep getting a error when I login ?

Plus it’s a Shame you cant choose between iTunes or google play
Edited by: "bloodgod007" 24th Sep
Not able to export:

Rock of Ages: Extended Cut
The Wolverine
X-Men: Days of Future Past (possibly as I already own it in Google)
old_mikefield20/06/2019 23:34

Pedantry. It's a thing.

Just thought I'd reply so it makes you look at this pointless post I've just written and I will wait for a clever reply with my popcorn, write back soon. x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants