Groups

Flood alerts gone out

Banned
    So for those that this happens to get your stuff shifted, thankfully never been touched by it but know family have and its bad

14 Comments

I have, but thiankfully (not meaning to be disrespectful) its not me this time

Original Poster Banned

yeah, well it aint going to stay there and the flood warnings are not just in wales

I have had my sandbags delivered 30 mins ago, all in place now

Banned

fireheaven;2901276

where are you then?

Original Poster Banned

fireheaven;2901276

where are you hun?

Banned

The day I get flooded.. a significant slice of England will be deep underwater - wind is the force not to be reckoned with here.

Ask my stalker lol

Seriously I am on the Lancs/North Yorkshire border but have a river at the front of my house so the Council deliver them pretty sharp when there is a threat

luckily we dont get flooded. theres a poor house down the road that does everytime it rains just a small amount.. theyve had to re-do the bottom half so many times so cant sell it.. its quite sad.

Original Poster Banned

fireheaven;2901336

Ask my stalker lolSeriously I am on the Lancs/North Yorkshire border but … Ask my stalker lolSeriously I am on the Lancs/North Yorkshire border but have a river at the front of my house so the Council deliver them pretty sharp when there is a threat

which one? think you got my share there :oops:

my brothers house used to get flooded before they put the barriers in, (although hes moved now) and boy what a mess, but you wouldnt believe the people that got flooded year in, year out that didnt listen for the warnings and remove what they could, until the insurance companies started refusing them cover, then they started listening out for them

We have never actually flooded as it gets the rest of the village before us, been on the news alot but I am not taking the risk and have already moved all the electrical equipment in the living room which fronts onto the river. I do it every time cos I know I won't continue to be so lucky forever

well it made me wonder why they bother.. they literally put new carpets down n everything..and the next year it happens again.

its because it is sort of built in a ditch, otherwise it wouldnt flood.

Id love to have alittle house by a lake or river or something (something pretty)..but id always think about floods and it would really put me off. rightly so.

No chance of any flooding here. :thumbsup: Other places in the area get bad, Kings Norton down the road, but not this part. A lot of the problem seem to be surface water building up.

I can't believe that we are starting to have so many problems with flooding every time there is the tiniest bit of rain! Surely land surveys are carried out, and the problem areas are identified. Sure, in some case it is unpredictable, but others happen time after time, yet more buildings are built there.

The flooding is bad up here tonight. I could hardly get down the road earlier but that seems to have subsided now. Worried about my parents though. Just had a call from them to say that the police have closed off the road in and out of thier estate. Some houses have been given sand bags but the water has got past and flooded them. My parents have a river at the bottom of the garden so half expecting them to be evacuated here in the middle of the night. Some people already have been evacuated
    Apparently it's going to peek at midnight so I might be able to go to bed then!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285989
      2. Your dream gaming set up?2659
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846322
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1841

See more discussions