Floor Chair

Posted 2nd Sep 2020
Hey all

Due to current circumstances I'm finding myself sitting on the floor a lot. It's not very comfortable, and it pains my back as well!

Anyone got any ideas on what sort of thing I can buy to help in this scenario?
I ideally need to stay close to ground or on the floor as well, so just buying a normal chair won't cut it

I've had a bean bag suggested but I'm not sure how practical it is, and I'd like something I can move to different rooms easily, though if this isn't an option it's fine

I know it's a bit of a weird one but any help is appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Something like this
41817901-drYhS.jpg
You may find something you like from Big Bertha -huge choice but mainly memory foam or bean bags
bigberthaoriginal.com/
Gameing chair like x rocker or something
Look into zaisu. They're Japanese chairs made for sitting on the floor.
Ringfinger02/09/2020 23:28

Http 404...

Apologies link seems to be dead now. If you just google beach chairs you will find chairs designed to be used close to the floor that can also fold and will be easy to move around to different rooms.
I was searching Amazon and found this. What do you guys think? Bit pricey but I'm willing to pay around that if it's good.
amazon.co.uk/HOM…PF/
Ringfinger02/09/2020 20:05

Something like this [Image]

Thank you. Would this have enough padding? It looks a bit thin but does seem to be in line with what I had in mind. Looks very portable too which is a big plus
I found this on Amazon, I just wonder if it'd be really comfortable for my back? It's also locked to one position, would it be fine for extended periods?
amazon.co.uk/Hig…C5U

I'm more just thinking out loud at this point!
suepooh02/09/2020 20:10

You may find something you like from Big Bertha -huge choice but mainly …You may find something you like from Big Bertha -huge choice but mainly memory foam or bean bagshttps://www.bigberthaoriginal.com/

Thanks. Gonna have a look. I think I'm moving away from the bean bag idea because of portability though
_Tris_02/09/2020 20:27

Gameing chair like x rocker or something

Appreciate the suggestion. How comfortable are these? I've always thought they looked too hard and keep you in one position. Very bulky too
Kurando02/09/2020 20:38

Look into zaisu. They're Japanese chairs made for sitting on the floor.

Oooh I wasn't aware of these! Looks interesting. A lot of them seem to have a curved back support, had a bad experience with one of them although I think the chair was probably just rubbish!
ArcadeAssassin03/09/2020 09:08

Apologies link seems to be dead now. If you just google beach chairs you …Apologies link seems to be dead now. If you just google beach chairs you will find chairs designed to be used close to the floor that can also fold and will be easy to move around to different rooms.

Will do, ta. Some seem a bit too elevated, others seem a bit big for the room

Also wanted to say thanks for all the responses so far! Some great suggestions
Edited by: "KemcoOutMyNostrils" 4th Sep
Out of interest, does anyone have any personal experience with any items like this?
Post a comment
@
    Text