Floppy left fear racist tag on sex grooming.

Found 3rd Sep 2017
news.sky.com/sto…956

Good article. There is a problem in Pakistani areas where men groom white girls as they believe them to be trash and it must be addressed by the Pakistani community. It is nonsense that this MP was forced to resign when she pointed out the obvious.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
It's odd that the Labour Party won't deal with anti-Jewish sentiment within its ranks, but will eagerly discipline those who dare to talk about what is going on in the Pakistani Community. I do not like the word "floppy" with regards to the Left, for it suggests that there is some semblance of a backbone.
ITS SAFER NOT TO ASK QUESTIONS!
Same thing happened to labour MP for Keighley Ann Cryer in 2002
theguardian.com/uk-…yer
81 Comments
Same thing happened to labour MP for Keighley Ann Cryer in 2002
theguardian.com/uk-…yer
ITS SAFER NOT TO ASK QUESTIONS!
It's odd that the Labour Party won't deal with anti-Jewish sentiment within its ranks, but will eagerly discipline those who dare to talk about what is going on in the Pakistani Community. I do not like the word "floppy" with regards to the Left, for it suggests that there is some semblance of a backbone.
Predikuesi3 h, 7 m ago

It's odd that the Labour Party won't deal with anti-Jewish sentiment …It's odd that the Labour Party won't deal with anti-Jewish sentiment within its ranks, but will eagerly discipline those who dare to talk about what is going on in the Pakistani Community. I do not like the word "floppy" with regards to the Left, for it suggests that there is some semblance of a backbone.

Its strange that the Tories dont deal with anti humanity sentiment within its ranks and rampant hate of the lower classes
Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 49 m ago

Its strange that the Tories dont deal with anti humanity sentiment within …Its strange that the Tories dont deal with anti humanity sentiment within its ranks and rampant hate of the lower classes

Do you define yourself as lower class?
Freedom of speech, Oh wait you can't say that in case if offends a tree :(, Think of the poor trees, They have feelings too :(.
Predikuesi13 m ago

Do you define yourself as lower class?

No such thing, there's upper class, middle class and working class.

I'm upper working class i guess, working class all my life, raised in a council house but have middle class parents and have been assumed to be posh by people, my father was raised in a large house, son of a photographer for the daily telegraph. My mother was brought up in a house\shop that her father owned, he must have had pretty good business because he only drove Bentley's.

You?
Segata-Sanshiro8 m ago

No such thing, there's upper class, middle class and working class.I'm …No such thing, there's upper class, middle class and working class.I'm upper working class i guess, working class all my life, raised in a council house but have middle class parents and have been assumed to be posh by people, my father was raised in a large house, son of a photographer for the daily telegraph. My mother was brought up in a house\shop that her father owned, he must have had pretty good business because he only drove Bentley's.You?

Looks like I haven't the advantages you have had. My family hardly had two pennies to rub together. No cars and would never be taken as posh. Though my own life is different now, through education, work and saving, I'm grateful for my upbringing. My father, mother and siblings are all Labour supporters. I must be the white sheep of the family
.MUFC.17 m ago

Freedom of speech, Oh wait you can't say that in case if offends a tree …Freedom of speech, Oh wait you can't say that in case if offends a tree :(, Think of the poor trees, They have feelings too :(.

You're out on a limb with that one.
Predikuesi12 m ago

Looks like I haven't the advantages you have had. My family hardly had two …Looks like I haven't the advantages you have had. My family hardly had two pennies to rub together. No cars and would never be taken as posh. Though my own life is different now, through education, work and saving, I'm grateful for my upbringing. My father, mother and siblings are all Labour supporters. I must be the white sheep of the family

Then why do you not see how stupid all this classism is?

I could go even further back to the 1800s when my fathers family had an estate in Surry built on the profits from a successful tailoring business in London where they had 3 shops.

I will never vote for people who think they are above everyone else because of inherited wealth and deluded enough to think poverty will never happen to them and the poor are lesser humans in someway deserving of disrespect.
Segata-Sanshiro3 h, 46 m ago

No such thing, there's upper class, middle class and working class.I'm …No such thing, there's upper class, middle class and working class.I'm upper working class i guess, working class all my life, raised in a council house but have middle class parents and have been assumed to be posh by people, my father was raised in a large house, son of a photographer for the daily telegraph. My mother was brought up in a house\shop that her father owned, he must have had pretty good business because he only drove Bentley's.You?

Don't you technically have to work to be working class?
SJHan1 m ago

No, next question?
SJHan2 m ago

Obviously not if you class yourself as upper working class.
shadey126 m ago

Obviously not if you class yourself as upper working class.

Perhaps there ought to be a new level called "benefit class" introduced in to the UK system.
Nice title for the thread, you should write daily mail headlines.
CoeK3 h, 29 m ago

Nice title for the thread, you should write daily mail headlines.

Anything incorrect?
davewave1 h, 3 m ago

Anything incorrect?

As far as I can see all the spelling is correct.
CoeK32 m ago

As far as I can see all the spelling is correct.

Anything incorrect? was the question, try again friend?
davewave2 m ago

Anything incorrect? was the question, try again friend?

I can only speak to the info I have. So no to both questions.
CoeK6 m ago

I can only speak to the info I have. So no to both questions.

Great so Daily Mail reported the story accurately...good to know mate,
davewave46 s ago

Great so Daily Mail reported the story accurately...good to know mate,

I only got as far as the click bait heading. So there was no inaccurate spelling.
CoeK2 m ago

I only got as far as the click bait heading. So there was no inaccurate …I only got as far as the click bait heading. So there was no inaccurate spelling.

oh, good to know, keep going chum.
davewave1 m ago

oh, good to know, keep going chum.

I said no to the second question. I thought I was clear on that.
Why on here is it ok to insult the "left"

yet if if someone called out the OP as a "Far right extremist Nazi" - it would be seen as offensive?

I know these far right types on here are all snowflakes but surely what's good for the goose is good for the far right? No?
joanddan76 m ago

Why on here is it ok to insult the "left"yet if if someone called out the …Why on here is it ok to insult the "left"yet if if someone called out the OP as a "Far right extremist Nazi" - it would be seen as offensive? I know these far right types on here are all snowflakes but surely what's good for the goose is good for the far right? No?

Some people take insulting left or right to heart.

People who are secure with their political ideals tend to not bother either way.
CoeK21 m ago

Some people take insulting left or right to heart.People who are secure …Some people take insulting left or right to heart.People who are secure with their political ideals tend to not bother either way.

I would Suggest that's because most people in reality are somewhere in the middle. Tolerance to others and common sense are seen by some as "Lefty" - when in reality it's just basic humanity.
Edited by: "joanddan7" 3rd Sep 2017
joanddan75 m ago

I would Suggest that's because most people in reality are somewhere in the …I would Suggest that's because most people in reality are somewhere in the middle. Tolerance to others and common sense are seen by some as "Lefty" - when in reality it's just basic humanity.

Common sense is a oxymoron these days
The problem here is in trying to pin such activities to one group.

Even the article states "There has been a series of cases in towns including Rochdale, Oxford and Newcastle in which groups of men, largely of Pakistani origin, have been convicted of multiple sex crimes against white girls.".

Emphasis on the word largely, which means not exclusive to one group in society.

We have to treat each crime on the merits of that alone and if there are some factions continually organising such things then it's up to the Police and other authorities to employ exactly the same techniques that they use to combat terrorists before they get the chance to commit crimes.

To some extent I agree that speaking out for fear of being branded a racist can be annoying but it is easy to defend if the facts that you present are irrefutable, or at least have great substance.

Doing anything else will leave somebody open to accusations.

It is perhaps also about time that more people started fighting back against those that are happy to throw around accusations of racism, sexism etc and put them on the spot more to answer their position.
joanddan74 h, 23 m ago

Why on here is it ok to insult the "left"yet if if someone called out the …Why on here is it ok to insult the "left"yet if if someone called out the OP as a "Far right extremist Nazi" - it would be seen as offensive? I know these far right types on here are all snowflakes but surely what's good for the goose is good for the far right? No?

left, right, far right, Nazi, do you honestly not see the a distinction? no one says the far left massmurdering raping communists. Whats more you should go read some misc threads there are plenty of people happy to call people Nazi or racist, quite slanderous labels and the mods do nothing, let alone the amount of threads from a leftist POV. personally i think if you label yourself left or right and automatically object to the views of the opposing side and blindly subscribe to the POV of the other, you are abit dim.

edit; especially if you bliindly chuck words like racist or nazi to save yourself the effort of actually contemplating the subject.
Edited by: "catbeans" 4th Sep 2017
catbeans1 h, 49 m ago

left, right, far right, Nazi, do you honestly not see the a distinction? …left, right, far right, Nazi, do you honestly not see the a distinction? no one says the far left massmurdering raping communists. Whats more you should go read some misc threads there are plenty of people happy to call people Nazi or racist, quite slanderous labels and the mods do nothing, let alone the amount of threads from a leftist POV. personally i think if you label yourself left or right and automatically object to the views of the opposing side and blindly subscribe to the POV of the other, you are abit dim.edit; especially if you bliindly chuck words like racist or nazi to save yourself the effort of actually contemplating the subject.

I for one am glad that the Mods are intelligent enough to allow a heated debate and not simply act because one person may feel offended and not necessarily have any reasoning to why they want something to be removed.

If somebody does post stupid things or ideas then for the most part it is best to let everybody see because many will either simply ignore rantings or debate and tell them precisely why they are wrong.
catbeans7 h, 44 m ago

left, right, far right, Nazi, do you honestly not see the a distinction? …left, right, far right, Nazi, do you honestly not see the a distinction? no one says the far left massmurdering raping communists. Whats more you should go read some misc threads there are plenty of people happy to call people Nazi or racist, quite slanderous labels and the mods do nothing, let alone the amount of threads from a leftist POV. personally i think if you label yourself left or right and automatically object to the views of the opposing side and blindly subscribe to the POV of the other, you are abit dim.edit; especially if you bliindly chuck words like racist or nazi to save yourself the effort of actually contemplating the subject.

Im sorry but did you actually read the headline to this post.... over the last few weeks the "lefties" have been accused of sympathising with rapists, child abusers and terrorists....

do you really expect sensible intelligent people the contemplate the subject? It's not a subject. It's just scare mongering intent on stirring hatred based purely on preconceptions on someone's belief, nationality or political belief....

On here people assume if you have compassion or show humanity you are a bean munching lefty liberal....

this is not the case....

you can have views right of centre and still show compassion...

honestly - it is possible.
joanddan736 m ago

Im sorry but did you actually read the headline to this post.... over the …Im sorry but did you actually read the headline to this post.... over the last few weeks the "lefties" have been accused of sympathising with rapists, child abusers and terrorists.... do you really expect sensible intelligent people the contemplate the subject? It's not a subject. It's just scare mongering intent on stirring hatred based purely on preconceptions on someone's belief, nationality or political belief.... On here people assume if you have compassion or show humanity you are a bean munching lefty liberal.... this is not the case.... you can have views right of centre and still show compassion... honestly - it is possible.

I'm sorry but did you read the article or click the link? It's quoting a Labour MP.

To you it is easier to identify as 'left' and label this as racist, rather than actually looking to see if there is an issue. You are the kind of person the MP is exactly talking about.

You had a women's minister of leftist party look into something and perceive a problem, nope sorry you are a racist you are fired.

Different cultures have different attitudes, parts of cultures and ideas within Pakistan are bad, toxic and guess what, not liberal or compatible with European values. It's not hard to find out the attitudes that come with these cultures if you were truly interested, instead they are ignored as you wouldn't want to be labelled a racist.

It does not show humanity, it shows bone Idol ignorance and the willingness to blindly follow doctrine to suit a particular agenda. Humanity would be seeing the issues and addressing them, or are you a sexist and think such attitudes in Pakistan and the culture that has been transplanted here is ok?

Yes that's it you are just a sexist and a rape apologist, makes perfect sense.

Though I don't know what any of that has to do with me addressing your particular post .
joanddan742 m ago

Im sorry but did you actually read the headline to this post.... over the …Im sorry but did you actually read the headline to this post.... over the last few weeks the "lefties" have been accused of sympathising with rapists, child abusers and terrorists.... do you really expect sensible intelligent people the contemplate the subject? It's not a subject. It's just scare mongering intent on stirring hatred based purely on preconceptions on someone's belief, nationality or political belief.... On here people assume if you have compassion or show humanity you are a bean munching lefty liberal.... this is not the case.... you can have views right of centre and still show compassion... honestly - it is possible.

It is noted that lefties do tend to sympathize with terrorists and pedophiles etc.. Innocent people get raped, abused and murdered because the lefties would rather focus on the rights of the pedophiles, rapists and abusers. Show some compassion for the victims and we might be able to have reasonable debates.
.MUFC.3 m ago

It is noted that lefties do tend to sympathize with terrorists and …It is noted that lefties do tend to sympathize with terrorists and pedophiles etc.. Innocent people get raped, abused and murdered because the lefties would rather focus on the rights of the pedophiles, rapists and abusers. Show some compassion for the victims and we might be able to have reasonable debates.

That's the problem with the Labour party now, Livingston ignored Ann cryer and corbyn dismissed Sarah champion.
reddit9 h, 9 m ago

The problem here is in trying to pin such activities to one group.Even the …The problem here is in trying to pin such activities to one group.Even the article states "There has been a series of cases in towns including Rochdale, Oxford and Newcastle in which groups of men, largely of Pakistani origin, have been convicted of multiple sex crimes against white girls.".Emphasis on the word largely, which means not exclusive to one group in society.We have to treat each crime on the merits of that alone and if there are some factions continually organising such things then it's up to the Police and other authorities to employ exactly the same techniques that they use to combat terrorists before they get the chance to commit crimes.To some extent I agree that speaking out for fear of being branded a racist can be annoying but it is easy to defend if the facts that you present are irrefutable, or at least have great substance.Doing anything else will leave somebody open to accusations.It is perhaps also about time that more people started fighting back against those that are happy to throw around accusations of racism, sexism etc and put them on the spot more to answer their position.

There's many kinds of racism anyway, if you look at India because of the cast system they prize pale skin so highly many women use risky bleaching agents. Also if they say they target white girls because its easier, I think thats something that needs to be looked at rather then just get angry about.
.MUFC.1 h, 17 m ago

It is noted that lefties do tend to sympathize with terrorists and …It is noted that lefties do tend to sympathize with terrorists and pedophiles etc.. Innocent people get raped, abused and murdered because the lefties would rather focus on the rights of the pedophiles, rapists and abusers. Show some compassion for the victims and we might be able to have reasonable debates.

Are you saying the left only has compassion for the terrorists, paedophiles and murderers of the world and not the victims?

That definitely doesn't sound like the basis for a reasonable debate to me.
SJHan20 h, 33 m ago

It's no means of sustinence other than the sale of their own labour, not: I've a 2:2 and WORK in an office ergo; I'm WORKING class. There's a strange phenomenon of people from higher castes twisting the definition so it fits them. For my money "upper working class" doesn't exist.
Krooner9 m ago

It's no means of sustinence other than the sale of their own labour, not: …It's no means of sustinence other than the sale of their own labour, not: I've a 2:2 and WORK in an office ergo; I'm WORKING class. There's a strange phenomenon of people from higher castes twisting the definition so it fits them. For my money "upper working class" doesn't exist.

Is working in an office not working class?
Krooner23 m ago

It's no means of sustinence other than the sale of their own labour, not: …It's no means of sustinence other than the sale of their own labour, not: I've a 2:2 and WORK in an office ergo; I'm WORKING class. There's a strange phenomenon of people from higher castes twisting the definition so it fits them. For my money "upper working class" doesn't exist.

The classes have two definitions. 1 is working class are those subservient to the state or businesses,. The other is along similar lines that working class is those dependant on a wage or stipend etc to live provided by someone for services rendered.

The classification for uppercase is 1 those who make the rules of state or business and those whose wealth is inherited and independent from ones own labour.

The clarification for middle is simply someone who falls between the two that normally be considered things like Doctors who are both in a position of power yet also wage slaves.

The working class was formerly called the labouring class or proletariat.

Now in order to claim benefits you have to apply for them and sign an agreement that you will uphold your side in exchange for them upholding their side by providing payments, it is a contracted agreement they all are, JSA for example is based on an agreement to log into their website twice a week (other people may be asked to do more or less), to apply for jobs as written out in your job seekers agreement and provide evidence for doing so, to attend the job centre every two weeks etc, other things have criteria too and are agreements to be stuck to in order to be on the receiving end of money for maintaining your part of the bargain,. As such those getting social security payments are by definition working class.
CoeK15 m ago

Is working in an office not working class?

I suppose a call centre is this day and ages shipyard or building site, but I'd maintain that white collar industries are predominately middle class, if only because there's a certain amount of transferable skill required to climb the ladder. There're no unskilled, under-educated former miners working in the IT department.

TBH if you start going this route; Working = Working class, then you have to start defining the real working class as an underclass unto itself, before long you're at; "they're not working class, they claim benefits" and then you're halfway to a rally. The blurring of these lines breeds hatred, if you've a clutch of GCSE's, A levels, a degree or a marketable skill that means you don't have to go and wash peoples cars for minimum wage, you're middle class.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants