Found 12th Jan
Hiya, just wondered if anyone can help.

I'm off to Florida for a couple of weeks in June and looking for a small SUV to hire. I can't believe how expensive they seem to be compared to a couple of years ago. I know the pounds weak but they're more than £200 more expensive than when I last went.

So......... does anybody know of any good deals, cheap offers, decent companies?

Also need an additional driver. Some companies will charge a max $65 others want $11pd.

Think they're trying to pull my pants down

Thanks for any help

4 Comments

Alamo Brits is good, it gives a 10% discount and free additional driver. It requires you to show your copy of Brits Guide To Orlando which can be bought for £10.49 off Amazon and is actually very good.

Prices on Alamo change quite a bit. The Mustang we have booked for April has at one point been £350 more than we have paid back in August last year. Currently it's £140 more than we have secured ours for.

Lastly Alamo do free cancellations up until a few days before you are due to pick up so if the prices reduce then you can always cancel and rebook.

Just back from Florida December gone used a combo of Expedia and Virgin for two seperate rentals I would recommend Virgin as they had a dedicated desk ( within Alamo) and there was minimal wait . If you are flying in to Mco or anywhere I would recommend if you are in a family for one to collect cases and one to go straight to the rental desk

This summer is a lot more expensive than last year. Last summer I was there for 47 day (work too) car hire cost £882 SUV, This year around £1500 cheapest!! crazy prices.
Edited by: "darul" 12th Jan

Original Poster

Cheers everyone. I'll give your suggestions a go. Found the same with Alamo - prices changing from over £100 from one day to the next.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2746
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769547
    3. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…11
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21132

See more discussions