Florida holiday

Posted 27th Oct
I'm looking to take my family and me to Florida in May.

After doing some searches, airbnb, skyscanner, hotels.com etc. I'm looking at over £3,000 to take my family (2 adults 2 children - aged 3 and 4) on holiday yet I've seen several HUKD deals for the same situation looking at half this price like £1500-2000 for the same sort of holiday. Dates are flexible. The kids are not legally obliged to be at school.

Are there any holiday experts here that can help me find a good deal less than £2,000 for the same sort of thing ? Not too fussed on where we stay, but preferably somewhat close to the whole Disney/Universal/Other holiday traps ? A car would be nice as well but not essential.

Thanks in advance, really.
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

8 Comments
With Thomas cook going belly up prices are up slightly.. lots of those prices are last minutes etc.

try the DIBB for some good tips. We have previously been may into June and it’s cheaper then. Airport choice is important as well. If you are not set on a date look at February and if you really wanna panic check prices in summer holidays.
We paid just under £3000 in May through Virgin for family of 5 (kids 12,9,2), plus £2500 for Disney universal for 2 weeks. Doing it all together have us ATOL even on the lark tickets to be safe and Virgin should be fine. What we did is went on Virgin site and manually searched for holiday and chose every single day from mid April to end of May. The difference in those few weeks was £1000s and the £2850 we paid was the cheapest.
I’ve been a few times and usually booked with BA, Virgin or Tui. Always stayed in a basic hotel on international drive that offers free shuttles to the parks. Great hotel was the Avanti Resort.
You don’t need to go for an expensive hotel because you’ll be out all day. International drive is the best place to stay for food and very close to all the parks. Car is useful but we found the shuttles for hotel better because parking at the parks is crazy. Disney can set you back $50 to park! So I’d go for a hotel with free or cheap shuttles! We usually go in early May as prices are good and it’s quieter. After May the weather starts getting much more wet!
thanks everyone for the tips/info.
PrincessPanoulie27/10/2019 08:47

I’ve been a few times and usually booked with BA, Virgin or Tui. Always s …I’ve been a few times and usually booked with BA, Virgin or Tui. Always stayed in a basic hotel on international drive that offers free shuttles to the parks. Great hotel was the Avanti Resort. You don’t need to go for an expensive hotel because you’ll be out all day. International drive is the best place to stay for food and very close to all the parks. Car is useful but we found the shuttles for hotel better because parking at the parks is crazy. Disney can set you back $50 to park! So I’d go for a hotel with free or cheap shuttles! We usually go in early May as prices are good and it’s quieter. After May the weather starts getting much more wet!

Where did u park for $50 dollars at Disney? Dnt even think valet parking would be that. It’s free after 6/7 and about $20 a day and that can be used in all parks.. car parks are well controlled and as long as you remember or take a picture of where you park it’s very well managed to leave even at peak times..

Problem with shuttles is you are tied to departure times.. car gives freedom to go at your own pace..

Agree international drive is a great place to stay. We are going soon and trying a villa for first time.

Even with a hotel though I would recommend stocking up on drinks and bottled water. We even bought stuff to make sandwiches which saves a lot of expenses at parks. Can even use that money towards better flight/accommodation.

End of the day like most things choose where you spend ur money but hotels don’t need to be fancy and even using the car and free transportation in combination can make life easier..

Don’t forget ur esta
We did a two day parking at $50 so yeah it’s about $25 a day - you’re right. Hotels like the Avanti when we went last year have shuttles that go every hour after 8am until about midday and then again after 4pm until 10pm so we didn’t find it to be a problem. We hated driving in Florida but we are from London so found it tricky but if you’re comfortable I agree gives you flexibility!
Prices will vary dramtically throughout May, however they will generally be cheaper if you can go mid-week. I'm not sure where you are travelling from, what kind of place you want to stay in or for how long from your post, but I did a quick search based on two weeks from London and found a couple of "good" rated budget options for 6th May - 20th May.

Both from Expedia:
£1,685 total - La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Orlando International Drive North - On I-Drive and includes breakfast and theme park shuttles.
£1871 total - La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Orlando Universal area - Near Universal, includes breakfast and shuttles.
Psychobunni28/10/2019 09:47

Prices will vary dramtically throughout May, however they will generally …Prices will vary dramtically throughout May, however they will generally be cheaper if you can go mid-week. I'm not sure where you are travelling from, what kind of place you want to stay in or for how long from your post, but I did a quick search based on two weeks from London and found a couple of "good" rated budget options for 6th May - 20th May. Both from Expedia:£1,685 total - La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Orlando International Drive North - On I-Drive and includes breakfast and theme park shuttles. £1871 total - La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Orlando Universal area - Near Universal, includes breakfast and shuttles.

thanks for checking. i'll have a look at those too
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants