Florida Villas (1st time)

Found 6th Aug
Hi- we are going to Florida next year (2 Adults & 2 kids - 6 & 8 year olds) and looking for some advice. We have decided to rent a car and even though parking costs are high at Disney we can at least decide when we arrive and leave, it’s also gives us more choice when looking for accommodation... which leads me to my question- where is best to stay? Has anyone stayed anywhere they would highly recommend? Ideally looking at a budget of £120 a night maximum, but open to all ideas. I’ve looked into Kissimmee and at the moment that seems the most convenient place when you factor cost, driving distances etc. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks
Community Updates
AskFlorida
13 Comments
Kissimmee is a good choice to stay.
Personally I would investigate the prices of staying at the cheaper on site Disney resorts such as the All Stars and make use of the free Disney transportation to maximise your time at the parks. If you could get a deal including free Disney dining then that would be a real bonus.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 6th Aug
I have been to Orlando several times. I love it there. Renting a car is defiantly the way to go. It makes life so easy over there as there’s so much to see.

‘Download here on your phone and download with WiFi the Florida offline map for it. Grab a car holder and you have a free USA sat nav. I always rent car from National or Alamo in the USA. No upscale at the airport and you pick your own car from a line of them in the class you book

The price of the park tickets really adds up. My advise is don’t try to go to them all. I got really bored when I went to all Disney, universal, water parks etc in two weeks. It was too much

I would like to point you towards a online forum thedibb.co.uk it’s full of information about Orlando and the parks. There’s let’s of villas on there too. There’s everybit of Orlando information you can imagine plus a whole lot more.
Edited by: "Wadda" 6th Aug
Orlando is saturated with villas, go through vrbo.com and make sure you dont settle for the first price, you will get a discount. Kissimmee is where you want to be and as said dont try and cram to much in it just becomes tiring. Also the best part of Orlando is the road out of there loads of other great places in Florida and beyond.
I prefer a bit further out, anything from Daytona beach down to Vero beach. Where you can get more of a feel of Florida beyond the Theme parks.

Also when considering a hire car, ask the company for the Trades list, you can pick up some interesting metal for a bargain price. Last time I had 7.3l pickup for less than the price of a Ford Focus. Next visit I am getting a Ford F150 Raptor.
Toptrumpet43 m ago

Kissimmee is a good choice to stay.Personally I would investigate the …Kissimmee is a good choice to stay.Personally I would investigate the prices of staying at the cheaper on site Disney resorts such as the All Stars and make use of the free Disney transportation to maximise your time at the parks. If you could get a deal including free Disney dining then that would be a real bonus.

The free Disney dining on the 'budget' hotels is only includes breakfast, to get the 2 'quick plan' meals a day you have to have the next tier of hotel up so your looking at £6k plus for 2 weeks for 4 in school holiday time.
DKLS57 m ago

I prefer a bit further out, anything from Daytona beach down to Vero …I prefer a bit further out, anything from Daytona beach down to Vero beach. Where you can get more of a feel of Florida beyond the Theme parks. Also when considering a hire car, ask the company for the Trades list, you can pick up some interesting metal for a bargain price. Last time I had 7.3l pickup for less than the price of a Ford Focus. Next visit I am getting a Ford F150 Raptor.

I know what you mean, but I'm guessing the OP is predominately doing the parks, therefore the likes of Daytona and Vero are pretty far out. It was bad enough for me staying in Kissimmee with the fact the roads are a wreck at the moment, meaning a 1.5 hour round trip easy.

After all the driving and the loonies you have to share the roads with, I can see the merit in those who stay on I-Drive and make their way on the bus etc.
moob6th Aug

After all the driving and the loonies you have to share the roads with, I …After all the driving and the loonies you have to share the roads with, I can see the merit in those who stay on I-Drive and make their way on the bus etc.

driven thousands and thousands of miles in the US and would go as far as saying there are worse drivers in this country. At least there you know the rules of the road are to use whichever lane you want not like in this country where the we should stay to the left and muppets will hog the middle lane.
DKLS1 h, 4 m ago

I prefer a bit further out, anything from Daytona beach down to Vero …I prefer a bit further out, anything from Daytona beach down to Vero beach. Where you can get more of a feel of Florida beyond the Theme parks. Also when considering a hire car, ask the company for the Trades list, you can pick up some interesting metal for a bargain price. Last time I had 7.3l pickup for less than the price of a Ford Focus. Next visit I am getting a Ford F150 Raptor.

I have never seen a raptor at any rental place in the USA. The f150s they have tend to be XLT spec or on the rare occasion Lariat. The new Ram 1500 gets glowing reviews.
Wadda22 m ago

I have never seen a raptor at any rental place in the USA. The f150s they …I have never seen a raptor at any rental place in the USA. The f150s they have tend to be XLT spec or on the rare occasion Lariat. The new Ram 1500 gets glowing reviews.

Alamo do the Raptor, but currently only to Canadian or US residents, so I have had to get a colleague to book, and add me to their own insurance policy.
paulj481 h, 52 m ago

The free Disney dining on the 'budget' hotels is only includes breakfast, …The free Disney dining on the 'budget' hotels is only includes breakfast, to get the 2 'quick plan' meals a day you have to have the next tier of hotel up so your looking at £6k plus for 2 weeks for 4 in school holiday time.

I didn’t realise that, I suppose they change it every year, so that you upgrade their accommodation.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 6th Aug
eslick2 h, 55 m ago

driven thousands and thousands of miles in the US and would go as far as …driven thousands and thousands of miles in the US and would go as far as saying there are worse drivers in this country. At least there you know the rules of the road are to use whichever lane you want not like in this country where the we should stay to the left and muppets will hog the middle lane.

I've done my fair share of driving there too having had the misfortune to live there for a while. Personally, although I too don't like lane hogs, at least I know and can predict what other road users are doing in this country - over there it's every man for themselves, hard braking/acceleration everywhere, no courtesy etc - and the tolls are ludicrous.
I would pick on-site with a car over a villa everytime unless it was a large group going on holiday.
My parents have a house in Kissimmee and it’s great. It’s out of the way when you want to leave the Disney tourist stuff, and has its own pool, without other people’s kids running all round when you’ve already had to spend all day with it going on. Plus it’s only 20 min drive to the majority of the parks.
Also I’d highly recommend Wild Florida.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants