FLOUREON WIFI CCTV

Posted 29th Oct
I have a 4 channel cctv system, about 3 years old. 1 camera has failed, the system is marked H.264. I understand that is the "standard" Question is can I replace the camera with "Fred Bloggs" camera of the same standard to be compatible with the system.

Thank you to anyone who can advise.

Phil.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

10 Comments
Have a look on AliExpress they seem to have replacement cameras, I needed an extra one for my Annke system and got it through there. It might be worth ordering two so u have one spare.
cmdr_elito29/10/2019 18:11

Have a look on AliExpress they seem to have replacement cameras, I needed …Have a look on AliExpress they seem to have replacement cameras, I needed an extra one for my Annke system and got it through there. It might be worth ordering two so u have one spare.

Thank you, will do.
That's the video compression codec, which is quite old now. As long as your system doesn't use ONLY some proprietary protocol (probably not) you should be able to connect any other camera.
Just a warning: don't buy any camera from Aliexpress. In generally buy from sellers who also have MANY reviews ...and avoid Zosi (not bad as hardware ...but terrible as firmware).
Edited by: "TobyZ" 29th Oct
TobyZ29/10/2019 20:29

That's the video compression codec, which is quite old now. As long as …That's the video compression codec, which is quite old now. As long as your system doesn't use ONLY some proprietary protocol (probably not) you should be able to connect any other camera.Just a warning: don't buy any camera from Aliexpress. In generally buy from sellers who also have MANY reviews ...and avoid Zosi (not bad as hardware ...but terrible as firmware).

Thank you, I'll have a look around
These kits usually use special MJPEG cameras that are hard to find. If you could post a picture showing the menu layout of your NVR I may be able to point you in the direction of a compatible replacement camera from Amazon for under £20.
Edited by: "freakstyler" 30th Oct
freakstyler30/10/2019 12:11

These kits usually use special MJPEG cameras that are hard to find. If you …These kits usually use special MJPEG cameras that are hard to find. If you could post a picture showing the menu layout of your NVR I may be able to point you in the direction of a compatible replacement camera from Amazon for under £20.

Thank you, I'll pop on a little later.
freakstyler30/10/2019 12:11

These kits usually use special MJPEG cameras that are hard to find. If you …These kits usually use special MJPEG cameras that are hard to find. If you could post a picture showing the menu layout of your NVR I may be able to point you in the direction of a compatible replacement camera from Amazon for under £20.

38861488-D22pz.jpgHete you go, that OK?
You've already mentioned that is has marked on it H.264 (which is the typical compression for 720p, 1080p) but it can also be used for higher resolutions (of course, resulting larger files).
Your NVR is a Zosi and the latest firmware is from 2018, support.zositech.com/hc/…2-0
I'm pretty confident it knows H.264

The price for a good, generic brand 1080p (at least 20 frames) camera is less than £20.
Edited by: "TobyZ" 31st Oct
PhilipGregson31/10/2019 09:40

[Image] Hete you go, that OK?

Perfect, you have two options.

You could buy any generic Onvif camera but carry out the following steps first before you buy to make sure: Right click anywhere on the screen, then select Video Manage. You should be greeted with a menu box that lists all your cameras. At the top of the box you should have a drop down box next to the word Protocol – drop it down and look for the word Onvif. You should see three options, Default, N1 and Onvif.

If you see the word Onvif and you have your box connected to your home network via Ethernet you can pretty much buy any camera that’s Onvif compatible.The only downside is that you’ll have to connect the new Camera to your home WiFi and not the box directly. The NVR is capable of viewing other cameras on your home network as well as those connected directly to its own onboard wifi.

I have used a Flourion IP camera with the same box, also Foscams and other unbranded cameras without issue, PTZ also works too. Your box should be capable of recording from at least one 1080p camera along with 3 other 720/960p cameras without any modification but I would recommend buying an adhesive heat sink for the CPU on the NVR’s motherboard, the software can do a lot more than the hardware is capable of if you know what I mean.

Just an example, this camera worked for me, but can be found cheaper on ebay.

amazon.co.uk/FLO…1-7

Or you could also try one of these.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

This camera is designed to be used with NVR’s that run the same type of Firmware your box uses, it uses the same pairing system and should connect directly to the NVR’s onboard wifi just like your other cameras. While I think it should work I have not tried one myself with the older 4 channel kit and I no longer have it, I’m using a newer 1080p 8 channel version. The cameras are decent quality, though they do have a 4mm lens and not the 3.6mm so the image is slightly zoomed in. They use a high quality sensor though, image quality is excellent.

It might be worth a try, buying from Amazon you can easily return it if it doesn’t work but I would personally go for an Onvif camera. Hope this helps.
Thank you, and to all who have responded, amazing help from the HUKD family. This last para should sort me out. Brilliant.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants