Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight finalized for Aug. 26

18 replies
Found 15th Jun
Unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather will fight UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor in a much-discussed boxing match on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

This is surreal. Like some kind of freak show. Since when do boxers and mma fighters compete in the same ring? Might as well have Manchester United play the Welsh rugby team next? X)

Will be about as thrilling as the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Pointless fight.
You might as well tie McGregor's arms behind his back as any MMA fighter is loosing over half their move set in a straight up boxing match. Would be hilarious if McGregor elbowed money in the face though.

is it going to be a cage match?

CoeK

is it going to be a cage match?

No, just an embarrassment.

This is like Rocky fighting Hulk Hogan in an exhibition match on one of the films.

This is just a cash grab, and will be staged and setup just like all the wrestling bouts are.

We all know who's going to win anyway.

I adore Mayweather, however, he should be thoroughly embarrassed that he's shilling his legacy for (admittedly a crap-tonne) of filthy lucre to box this bozo.

McGregor's a circus clown and shouldn't be in the same arena as Mayweather.

majestic2012

I adore Mayweather, however, he should be thoroughly embarrassed that … I adore Mayweather, however, he should be thoroughly embarrassed that he's shilling his legacy for (admittedly a crap-tonne) of filthy lucre to box this bozo.McGregor's a circus clown and shouldn't be in the same arena as Mayweather.

His name is 'Money' after all. Should be easy work.

I assume Mayweather will win, he's a class act in the ring at least but I can't help but feel McGregor has played Mayweather for a fool. Boxers just can't retire without going down in flames. What does Mayweather stand to gain, he already has millions in the bank and a 49-0 record. He's 40, shorter reach and been retired since 2015.

Looking at it subjectively McGregor is at the top of his MMA game, he's been building and growing and taking pain whilst Mayweather has been partying and gambling. McGregor has the desire, the speed, the age and the reach all on his side. WWhilst class is permanent, age is a factor in boxing and this could really backfire on Mayweather and whatever is said about money, his whole 'legacy' of 49-0, turning to 49-1 against a non pro boxer would make him a very very rich laughing stock. I don't expect him to lose, but I'm trying to make the point that he has really little to gain. Silly fight, that could harm boxing more than it harms MMA.

Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 15th Jun

super_leeds_86

I assume Mayweather will win, he's a class act in the ring at least but I … I assume Mayweather will win, he's a class act in the ring at least but I can't help but feel McGregor has played Mayweather for a fool. Boxers just can't retire without going down in flames. What does Mayweather stand to gain, he already has millions in the bank and a 49-0 record. He's 40, shorter reach and been retired since 2015.Looking at it subjectively McGregor is at the top of his MMA game, he's been building and growing and taking pain whilst Mayweather has been partying and gambling. McGregor has the desire, the speed, the age and the reach all on his side. WWhilst class is permanent, age is a factor in boxing and this could really backfire on Mayweather and whatever is said about money, his whole 'legacy' of 49-0, turning to 49-1 against a non pro boxer would make him a very very rich laughing stock. I don't expect him to lose, but I'm trying to make the point that he has really little to gain. Silly fight, that could harm boxing more than it harms MMA.

Big payday (over 100 million) with the opportunity to go 50-0. I think that's quite a lot to play for.

john184

Will be about as thrilling as the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Pointless … Will be about as thrilling as the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Pointless fight. You might as well tie McGregor's arms behind his back as any MMA fighter is loosing over half their move set in a straight up boxing match. Would be hilarious if McGregor elbowed money in the face though.

Hold on I doubt alot of people know but.

Conor McGregor had a very good Amateur boxing record He was All Ireland Champion for a bit. he could have gone to the Olympics to Box but chose MMA instead.

I don't think for a minute he will win this fight but he can box and is fairly good at it.

Either way I am going to enjoy this.

Good job it's only boxing otherwise it would be like this freak show from way back......

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/z9p6BZIygjY/maxresdefault.jpg

Steve Bunce on 5Live predicting $100 PPV prices in the States and cheapest ticket to watch the fight at $1K

Let's hope everyone turns their back on this waste of time circus side show.

u664541

Let's hope everyone turns their back on this waste of time circus side … Let's hope everyone turns their back on this waste of time circus side show.

Let's hope someone shares it on Kodi or YouTube for free live streaming

UFC is a joke. A professional wrestler was able to become the champion in just 4 fights.

Shatwell

Let's hope someone shares it on Kodi or YouTube for free live streaming

Yup. Dont feed the monster by paying for this, just watch it on a dodgy stream.

Yes, I want to watch it. No, I do not want to pay for it. We are effectively lining these 'stars' pockets and lining them very nicely. Who do I want to win? McGregor!

If it was in the octogan mayweather would be smashed in first round. It's in a boxing ring and will easily go 8 rounds unless McGregor knocks him out earlier.

Mayweather is the most boring fighter on the planet but he's clever.

I'm hoping McGregor within 3 rounds of not will probably go to mayweather on points.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lol doll big surprise.11
    2. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset35
    3. good place to buy stocks22
    4. Android pay set up57

See more discussions