Groups

Fluorescent tube trouble - d.i.y. advice please

I have two tube lights in my kitchen, have replaced both the tube lights not long ago, one of them isn't coming on now. Don't think it could have blown that quickly. I thought it could be the starter, but then wouldnt both of them not come on? I don't know anything about d.i.y. as you can tell

4 Comments

Have you tried swapping the tubes with each other...that will tell you if it's the tube thats gone

is there two starters, one per tube

I used to have the same in my kitchen, and had the same problem. Might just be a build ip of grease on the contacts (casing). Make sure the power is off, then give them a good wipe. Better still, take off the casing (usually just two screws holding it in place, and remove any dust, grease and, as I found, cobweb. It isn't the starter if one comes on.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, swapped the starters over (there are two) and one of the starters isnt working, so going to get another one later on repd u all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553784
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767239
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671406
      4. Amazon S&S price fix question11

See more discussions