Groups

Fluoride free toothpaste - What's the deal?

Recently I bought some Kingfisher fluoride free toothpaste.

I actually bought 6 tubes of the stuff. But only because everyone was raving about how good it was.

Since then I've been intrigued to find out why, if it's so bad for people's health, do mainstream toothpaste manufacturers insist on putting fluoride in their toothpaste?

I've posted this question on a few online forums and so far nobody has provided a single sensible answer.

The best one yet was 'the government use fluoride to control us'. Closely followed by 'it's a method of population control'.

Neither of these answers sounds plausible.

Anyone have any sensible answers about this before I lose the plot (and my teeth) because of this seemingly dark deep mystery of the world?

I would add that I trust my dentist implicitly, and I'm pretty certain he isn't trying to kill me. He also informed me that he uses a fluoride toothpaste.

11 Comments

He also informed me that he uses a fluoride toothpaste.

It's too late; he's already under their mind control.
    Ditch him.

Original Poster

teh arn

It's too late; he's already under their mind control.Ditch him.

Hmmm - Did I make a mistake by posting this on here!!!

Original Poster

teh arn

I've read that it helps to fight decay, but never really read into it

Yea I hear that too. Don't really understand though why peeps think it is bad for health. Are these people not really fussed about their oral hygiene or something?

At the end of the day fluoride's only poisonous if you consume like 10 tubes worth. Milk could kill you if you drank enough of the stuff.

alexc100

Yea I hear that too. Don't really understand though why peeps think it is … Yea I hear that too. Don't really understand though why peeps think it is bad for health. Are these people not really fussed about their oral hygiene or something?At the end of the day fluoride's only poisonous if you consume like 10 tubes worth. Milk could kill you if you drank enough of the stuff.

There are still people that refuse to vaccinate their children and think the goverment is out to get them.

If you consume tap water you are also taking flouride anyway.

Better buy lots of bottled water if you are planning to brush your teeth with all the fluoride-free toothpaste you have bought!

This aside, yes, fluoride is deadly in stupidly-large amounts, due to the toxic nature of the chemical properties. The actual quantity required to kill you, rather than simply discolour your teeth, is argued amongst 'experts'.

For further information, use a web search engine of choice to research dental fluorosis.

There is an Illuminati conspiracy to bring about the new world order by spraying us with chemtrails and poisoning us with fluoride to make us all stupid. The end game is for the reptilians to extract all of earths natural resources in order to further their conquest of the galaxy.

But don't take my word for it, there are plenty of badly designed blogs with black backgrounds and low quality images that prove what I'm saying...

Okay... I'm only kidding...

But if you're concerned about fluoride do some research and make up your own mind, stick to academic and other reputable sources (avoid blogs with clipart UFOs). In extremely high amounts fluoride causes neurotoxicity and memory/learning deficits, children are more susceptible to damage than adults. I'd object to my water supply being fluoridated as I prefer to have a choice in how I maintain my own health, but I still use both fluoridated and non-fluoridated toothpastes because I believe the levels you are exposed to are safe.

I thought the point was that too much fluoride causes dental fluorosis.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…sis

This causes teeth to discolour is quite nasty ways, if you care to google imagine search.

However my own anecdotal research suggests that people who are obsessed with fluoride free toothpaste, often have disgusting, discoloured or missing teeth themselves. Often flat out refusing to go to the dentist.

People I know who use fluoride toothpastes regularly, have nice teeth.

I would be more worried about other chemicals and hormones in the water, if I was going to choose one to be worried about. Yout mileage may vary.
    Edited by: "MSK." 13th Jan 2015

Its also added to the tap water supplies in some areas

Original Poster

To summarise, people who use natural non fluoride toothpastes (like me) are idiots as there's zero benefit.

Which means that all the crack-pot 'naturalists' simply pluck their information about fluoride from thin air, and then spread it all over the Interweb...

I thought this would be the case. I always doubted the claim that my dentist wanted to kill me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick66
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391212
      3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon22
      4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56

See more discussions