FlyBe Airline has collapsed

Lead deal editor20
Posted 13th Jan
Update 4
Regional airline Flybe has announced that it has ceased to operate after failing to raise additional funding. It leaves passengers having to find alternative ways to travel and out-of-pocket for fares. So what rights do Flybe's customers have? Info

2055-3QfF7.jpg
Hey folks, Not good news for the workers of FlyBe or those who have booked with the Airline...

Rumours are FlyBe is on the brink of collapse and that the accountancy firm EY is on standby to handle the possible administration of the Flybe Group. Also the Goverment is also said to be on standby with also 2000 jobs at risk.

The airline is based in Exeter and operates almost 200 routes in the UK and Europe.

FlyBe was only rescued last year

I have a ticket for a future flight on Flybe. What can I do?At this stage, nothing more than assume it will go ahead. Flybe says: “We don’t comment on rumour or speculation.”

But all of Flybe’s operations are going ahead as normal, and the main concern today is high winds over the Irish Sea.

Operations are said to be ''continuing as normal'' but strongly advise you check before you travel!

if/when anything changes, will update

Source
Community Updates
Update 3
FlyBe has has warned the government that it could collapse within days after a slump in bookings triggered by the coronavirus. Plus it is reported by The Financial Times that is unlikely to get the £100 million Government loan that it was seeking.
Update 2
Update: Flybe saved from collapse after government brokers rescue deal Link
Update 1
Flybe begs ministers for help with air duty bill - Flybe could call in administrators as soon as Tuesday without government support

Flybe begs ministers for help with air duty bill

Groups

20 Comments
Is it important that you make the flight you have booked?
Dannyrobbo13/01/2020 08:40

Is it important that you make the flight you have booked?

Hi, Normal operations are continuing, and the airline says: “Flybe continues to provide great service and connectivity for our customers while ensuring they can continue to travel as planned.

I would 100% check before you travel though - can find all contract details here flybe.custhelp.com/app…ask
When Thomas cook went bust the travel agents arranged alternative flights at no extra cost
Argh! Just booked flights with them on Friday
Markgranto13/01/2020 10:17

Argh! Just booked flights with them on Friday

Hopefully you paid via credit card
I also just booked on Thursday. Debit card. Oh dear, hopefully annual insurance I took out in summer may cover any potential loss? We'll keep toes and fingers crossed. Flight booked to Southampton on 29th Jan to visit my brother, so not the end of the world unlike people who have holiday flights booked and will have to live with the constant stress until return home.
I am flying end of may, but it's by blue Island I think, Flybe third party,do you think I be oke
Protectmyholiday.com (not just for holidays) does airline failure insurance
joyf453613/01/2020 14:51

Protectmyholiday.com (not just for holidays) does airline failure …Protectmyholiday.com (not just for holidays) does airline failure insurance

Even more worrying. They aren't covering flybe anymore.
chocci13/01/2020 14:59

Even more worrying. They aren't covering flybe anymore.

Would You?
joyf453613/01/2020 15:21

Would You?

No. I wouldnt book with them either now so reckon they'll be going under within weeks. Even Thomas Cook denied they were in trouble to keep bookings coming in.
Edited by: "chocci" 13th Jan
nightshadeUK15/01/2020 02:09

https://news.sky.com/story/government-reaches-agreement-to-save-flybe-11908700

Even so, going forward, would you book a flight with them? I know I wouldn't.
chocci15/01/2020 05:49

Even so, going forward, would you book a flight with them? I know I …Even so, going forward, would you book a flight with them? I know I wouldn't.

Not a chance
Flybe where already struggling before the Coronavirus outbreak but now there's this new virus that we don't know much about people are scared to travel causing many airliners to lose money and for a company with no money to lose like Flybe well they are well and truly screwed.

Hope this isn't another Thomas Cook situation.
Not sure if it already was but Flybe site is down now flybe.com

According to a few on Twitter the last flight of the evening has landed in Exeter and then they'll be making the announcement.

Such an incredible shame.
due to go to disney paris with them on 20/03/2020 from manchester booked via tui so fingers crossed something gets sorted!
sargy_itk05/03/2020 16:01

due to go to disney paris with them on 20/03/2020 from manchester booked …due to go to disney paris with them on 20/03/2020 from manchester booked via tui so fingers crossed something gets sorted!

Don't bank on it. I'd be looking for alternative flights/transport.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants