Flying ants. What's the best way to best way to get rid of them?

Found 27th Jul 2011
They bloody get everywhere! Regular ants I can deal with but the bloody little things had to evolve and sprout wings to annoy us even more! What's the best way to kill them...every single one of them!? Preferably a horrible painful death. Oh, and how to keep them away. Thanks.
Community Updates
Misc
42 Comments
chop the wings off
i wanna know too they bloody takin over! winged and non...
Edited by: "nutta" 27th Jul 2011
Call Dec.
Lighter... make that a flame thrower!
Wait 1 day and they'll be dead
Amazing, I just put some ant powder out near my house too!!
If they're making bad music call Adam n tell him u don't dig ant music
Ant Killer??
Nippon gel is great, they take it down to the nests and it kills them off... Ive also used toilet duck and hot water lol
amazon.co.uk/dp/…693?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=****&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0001IWYAU

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N3CGtnbQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
was just gonna say hubby took a blow torch to them
one kettle of HOT boiling water ,always does the trick. ......:3
It's like something out of a Hitchcock movie! How do you go about finding where the nest is? Ant powder doesn't seem to work either cause the fly in!
clarkeyboy170

Nippon gel is great, they take it down to the nests and it kills them … Nippon gel is great, they take it down to the nests and it kills them off... Ive also used toilet duck and hot water lol

I always use Nippon for regular Ants, but it has no effect on these flying Ants. We get them every year and just use fly/Ant killer spray (has to be the right one, some don't work on them!). They normally come through some small whole in a window frame or brick work so block up the whole after killing them.

They are a right pain though.

Any better ideas welcome

you could always move lol
markq

you could always move lol

No point. They're taking over the world!!! Evil things.
Get the MIL around, Always scares me away lol.
http://reviews.homebase.co.uk/1494-en_gb/009426/reviews.htm
this!! having paid the council several years we have used alkinds cost us a mint..this was £4.99 B&Q or amazon..never seen the little gits since! 2 years-til yesterday! i sprayed and again gone like magic dont hesitate..and dont buy raid or poisons...just get this!
they were even in our cavity walls and our son had to move into the spare room...evil things!
Flying Ants + RPG = DEAD ANTS

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/rpg-1.jpg

Edited by: "richx45" 27th Jul 2011
I dunno, ants get a chance of sex once in their lifetime and all you can think of is yourself. Where would we be if ants weren't around to clean up the place?
asayer

chop the wings off

I'm sorry to say I'd have said this ^^^^^^

But reading this vvvvvv I now feel about as big as an ant
melipona

I dunno, ants get a chance of sex once in their lifetime and all you can … I dunno, ants get a chance of sex once in their lifetime and all you can think of is yourself. Where would we be if ants weren't around to clean up the place?

melipona

I dunno, ants get a chance of sex once in their lifetime and all you can … I dunno, ants get a chance of sex once in their lifetime and all you can think of is yourself. Where would we be if ants weren't around to clean up the place?

why should they get more sex than me? X)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDbGHWQ51Ug

The only way to get rid of ants.
Drago_MkII

The only way to get rid of ants.

Mission failed
Doh!
Lighter + can of deodrant = flamethrower
flying anteater
melipona

Mission failed Doh!

I didn't watch it through to the end lol. You have to be more careful with it than that guy or there is a bit of health hazard issue!
deleted265520
Like many others have said - just burn em.
Doors

Thread closed.

Lighter + deodrant = call out for the fire brigade!

No0b!$T

Lighter + can of deodrant = flamethrower

Doors

Wait one day and you'll have an infestation when the thousands of little flying ants hatch...
ei8hty5ive

Lighter + deodrant = call out for the fire brigade!

It will work, just be careful
jcaho7

one kettle of HOT boiling water ,always does the trick. ......:3

as opposed to COLD boiling water?
Or freezing hot water
just found a load of these little ( big ) things in my garden today ... threw a load of the white ant powder onto them and watched them squirm around for a bit ... took too long so i stamped on them good and proper
Suddenly been reminded of.. it came from the desert, used to freak me out that game oO
Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 28th Jul 2011

Get one of these in the Pondshop hours of fun
http://ak2.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P11518756a.jpg
I used talcum powder on them a couple of days ago...not seen them since. Lol
Silentgirl!

I used talcum powder on them a couple of days ago...not seen them since. … I used talcum powder on them a couple of days ago...not seen them since. Lol

So if anyone see any white, nice smelling flying ants, you know where they have come from!
ei8hty5ive

So if anyone see any white, nice smelling flying ants, you know where … So if anyone see any white, nice smelling flying ants, you know where they have come from!

Yep, the lavender and camomile (sp) ones are all mine.

get urself an aardvark

sunshiner

Who say's they get more sex than me? X)

corrected for you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants