Flying business class

Found 20th Apr
Hi just wanted to know if there is any way of getting good deals for flying business class? We have a special anniversary coming up and I was contemplating on a holiday. To make it special I was thinking of traveling business class. Its around £2k for flights to Malaysia (I thought further the better as I'll get more time in the air to actually enjoy business class). Anyone got any tips or advice on if it's even worth it?
Thanks
Community Updates
AskBusiness
16 Comments
Have a read of Head For Points. headforpoints.com/the…ts/ There is a beginners guide to collecting Avios (airmiles). We fly J (business) and F (First) thanks to American Express rewards which we convert to Avios (along with Tesco clubcard points) and the Avios we collect from paid flying.

Ex EU flights are a good way of getting much cheaper business class flights - you can find a good thread on Flyer Talk forums. It is a case of taking a "positioning" flight out to Europe and then flying from there on the one ticket.

flyertalk.com/for…tml

It is well worth doing some reading now and planning your wonderful trip.

Another good site. turningleftforless.com/beg…ic/

When are you thinking of going and for how long?

Is it worth it? Absolutely. We are flying out this weekend to St Lucia on BA First class and it's cost the pricely sum of £503 each which is the tax element of the booking. I picked my seats! I shall be in the Galleries Lounge drinking champagne and eating eggs Benedict first thing!

You get free lounge access, fastrack security (if flying from Heathrow T5 you get the First Wing). If flying Virgin Upper Class you can do their Drive Through Check In. Their lounge at Heathrow is phenominal. Your bags are off first and you are off the plane first, beating the queues. The cabins are spacious - if you want to get really into it, you can select a specific flight time/route to ensure you are on a certain plane (we flew BA First in an 8 seat cabin, that was pretty special).

33666977-9RmFP.jpg

My last trip I had two windows.
33666977-jOi09.jpg
Edited by: "windym" 20th Apr
nicest thing is arriving at your destination after a decent sleep refreshed
negative is when you havce to fly cattle class again
Yes it is worth the money. Even Premium Eco is a better experience. Other to the good advice above, most global airlines have sales during the year. There have been C class tickets on hukd for a few hundred quid every so often. Be aware that not all C class is equal. It ranges from very big seats with plenty of legroom (1980's version) to the lie flat cabin like experience. Seat Guru has lots of useful info on this.
windym5 h, 55 m ago

Have a read of Head For Points. …Have a read of Head For Points. https://www.headforpoints.com/the-beginners-guide-to-collecting-avios-points/ There is a beginners guide to collecting Avios (airmiles). We fly J (business) and F (First) thanks to American Express rewards which we convert to Avios (along with Tesco clubcard points) and the Avios we collect from paid flying.Ex EU flights are a good way of getting much cheaper business class flights - you can find a good thread on Flyer Talk forums. It is a case of taking a "positioning" flight out to Europe and then flying from there on the one ticket. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1768718-ex-eu-beginner.htmlIt is well worth doing some reading now and planning your wonderful trip.Another good site. https://www.turningleftforless.com/beginners-ex-eu-flights-qatar-british-airways-virgin-atlantic/When are you thinking of going and for how long? Is it worth it? Absolutely. We are flying out this weekend to St Lucia on BA First class and it's cost the pricely sum of £503 each which is the tax element of the booking. I picked my seats! I shall be in the Galleries Lounge drinking champagne and eating eggs Benedict first thing!You get free lounge access, fastrack security (if flying from Heathrow T5 you get the First Wing). If flying Virgin Upper Class you can do their Drive Through Check In. Their lounge at Heathrow is phenominal. Your bags are off first and you are off the plane first, beating the queues. The cabins are spacious - if you want to get really into it, you can select a specific flight time/route to ensure you are on a certain plane (we flew BA First in an 8 seat cabin, that was pretty special). [Image] My last trip I had two windows.[Image]

Thanks for the extensive reply. I'm thinking of traveling next year around Easter or maybe feb. It has to be in the school holidays.

I never thought about ex EU flights I'll take a look into it. The other option I was thinking of was to fly UK to Malaysia via Dubai business as it's a crazy two 7hr flights and then on the way back go economy but stop a few days in Dubai. I do like going there and it will break up the journey. Feel a bit bad leaving kids behind and going all out on ourselves😳
A trick I used to use years ago, not sure if it would still work now.

Virgin never used to have a Business Class level seating on their flights.

I used to find the airline that code shared with Virgin on a route, then identify a specific flight that I knew was an actual Virgin aircraft, then buy a discounted Business Class ticket from the code share carrier, which invariably meant you were upgrade to Virgin Upper Class with all the benefits.

It meant in real terms flying Upper Class for about 20-30% of the cost of an upper class ticket.
Depends upon who you fly with but sometimes the Premium Economy seats are better than Business as ours were at the front between First and Business with BA for a long haul flight between Oz & the UK. Best flight ever really, great service & we got the leg room seats. Food is just food at the end of the day & the free drinks are the same
2minutenoodles22 h, 53 m ago

Depends upon who you fly with but sometimes the Premium Economy seats are …Depends upon who you fly with but sometimes the Premium Economy seats are better than Business as ours were at the front between First and Business with BA for a long haul flight between Oz & the UK. Best flight ever really, great service & we got the leg room seats. Food is just food at the end of the day & the free drinks are the same

BA Premium seats are nothing like business seats. Business seats convert into a fully flat bed. There is no "leg room", no one sits in front of you. You have the full length of your body to stretch out. I would love to know what BA WTP (World Traveller Plus) the Premium Economy seat you had that was better than a Club World seat.

This is one of my children in their Club World seat. No seat in WTP with extra legroom would have been anywhere near comparable. To be fair he's in the last seat in CW and it isn't the best, but he loves the privacy in that seat. I sat on the opposite side facing the other direction. A great two seats if you are travelling as a pair as you can lower the divider (in the pic on the left) and face each other, or pull it up and be totally private.

33675682-LMuaE.jpg
33675682-h04DX.jpg

With Business, you also get the Lounge access, much better food and drink offerings.
Edited by: "windym" 21st Apr
windym8 m ago

BA Premium seats are nothing like business seats. Business seats convert …BA Premium seats are nothing like business seats. Business seats convert into a fully flat bed. There is no "leg room", no one sits in front of you. You have the full length of your body to stretch out. I would love to know what BA WTP (World Traveller Plus) the Premium Economy seat you had that was better than a Club World seat.This is one of my children in their Club World seat. No seat in WTP with extra legroom would have been anywhere near comparable. To be fair he's in the last seat in CW and it isn't the best, but he loves the privacy in that seat. I sat on the opposite side facing the other direction. A great two seats if you are travelling as a pair as you can lower the divider (in the pic on the left) and face each other, or pull it up and be totally private. [Image] With WTP you don't get lounge access either and no, the "free drinks" aren't the same.

Wow that looks like a prison seat. Depends which plane you get as my hubby flew BA Business from the UK to Oz & back 3 times and he also thought that the Premium Economy seats we got were superior. Drinks are the same unless you fly First.
windym40 m ago

Regardless of plane, in CW you get a fully flat seat you never get when in …Regardless of plane, in CW you get a fully flat seat you never get when in WTP. I'm at a loss how you can compare that to a normal airline seat with someone next to you, someone who can recline into you and someone behind *usually kids, who can hang off the back of your seat. Food and drinks are not the same. This isn't a tit for tat about what your hubby likes versus what we prefer - this if info for the op. I was correcting your comment that "sometimes the Premium Economy seats are better than Business [on BA]". That simply isn't true, regardless of which either of us prefer.

Excuse me but Premium Economy is not a normal airline seat. We were between First & Business so had way better positioning than the Business seats and I never said food was the same. I have flown Business loads and the seats we got were way better space and leg room wise than any business class seats. My hubby also had a non working TV on his long haul flight from the UK to Oz in Business Class & they refused to do anything about it.

Your pictures and comments are strange and you are not correcting my factual statement as it is correct and your opinion is simply that.
2minutenoodles46 m ago

Excuse me but Premium Economy is not a normal airline seat. We were …Excuse me but Premium Economy is not a normal airline seat. We were between First & Business so had way better positioning than the Business seats and I never said food was the same. I have flown Business loads and the seats we got were way better space and leg room wise than any business class seats. My hubby also had a non working TV on his long haul flight from the UK to Oz in Business Class & they refused to do anything about it. Your pictures and comments are strange and you are not correcting my factual statement as it is correct and your opinion is simply that.

PE/WTP is not a CW seat, and isn't comparable. A "bed" is not the same as a WTP "normal airline" seat (slightly more pitch, but still standard) unless you needed that spelling out?

You may have been between F and J but your seat isn't comparable - this is what the OP is after (comparisons in seat/service).

If your seats in PE are "way better" than business, then hopefully you will stay in WTP, WT/Y and enjoy it.

If you find my pictures and comments strange, then perhaps you should hit the ignore button.

If you could share your pics of your WTP seat which was better than the CW seat that may be helpful to the OP, who simply wants to work out if the extra money/miles is worth it.
Edited by: "windym" 21st Apr
deleted1290961
2minutenoodles56 m ago

Excuse me but Premium Economy is not a normal airline seat. We were …Excuse me but Premium Economy is not a normal airline seat. We were between First & Business so had way better positioning than the Business seats and I never said food was the same. I have flown Business loads and the seats we got were way better space and leg room wise than any business class seats. My hubby also had a non working TV on his long haul flight from the UK to Oz in Business Class & they refused to do anything about it. Your pictures and comments are strange and you are not correcting my factual statement as it is correct and your opinion is simply that.

PE is a normal seat. It has a few inches more width/pitch. Sometimes you get a small economy plus cabin in between a premium cabin and all that means is you get off earlier. Your bags aren't off earlier. Business and First are beds, that convert to seats.

The food/drink/cabin/service is less on the economy service (and economy plus = which is all world traveller plus is).

There is a HUGE jump from BA's premium economy to club word (long haul) service. And if you've flown it you would know that.

To the OP. It is worth buying it if you can afford it. If you can find a way to get it cheaper (ex europe) then yes it's an even better deal. But the downside is, that when you've actually flown it you won't want to board a plane without "turning left" again. And anyone that turns right and thinks left is comparable or better, is deluded.

And just to add, I am not saying BA's premium (by that I mean Club and First) are the best. Just that they are nothing like economy or world traveller plus.
Edited by: "deleted1290961" 21st Apr
deleted1290961
No personal photos and windy I didn't think your photos were "strange", perhaps the green eyed monster did?

But these are stock photos.

WORLD TRAVELLER PLUS

33676168-YA9EC.jpg
CLUB WORLD
33676168-lr90L.jpg

33676168-WmC4v.jpg
Edited by: "deleted1290961" 21st Apr
Dear me... using a multitude of acronyms is not proving anything. I don't really care, just trying to save people wasting their money on overpriced seats but for some reason I am now being targeted by BC Bullies.
Thanks for your opinions. I think I’ve opened up a can of worms too many types of seats available....I think if I was to spend extra on top of economy then I think I’d go business class just for the experience. It’s not going to be a regular thing so I guess I’d make the most of it. I will keep an eye out for sales though, so that was a good tip.
sumz019 h, 43 m ago

Thanks for your opinions. I think I’ve opened up a can of worms too many t …Thanks for your opinions. I think I’ve opened up a can of worms too many types of seats available....I think if I was to spend extra on top of economy then I think I’d go business class just for the experience. It’s not going to be a regular thing so I guess I’d make the most of it. I will keep an eye out for sales though, so that was a good tip.

Not a can of worms - more a case of correcting some poor info (seat being the same).

Whatever you chose, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. It's just nice when you can make the actual journey part of the great experience.

We are on our way up to the airport to fly out tomorrow morning. I hate flying but when I know I have space in a small cabin, a good bed and excellent service I don't mind.
windym39 m ago

Not a can of worms - more a case of correcting some poor info (seat being …Not a can of worms - more a case of correcting some poor info (seat being the same). Whatever you chose, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. It's just nice when you can make the actual journey part of the great experience. We are on our way up to the airport to fly out tomorrow morning. I hate flying but when I know I have space in a small cabin, a good bed and excellent service I don't mind.

Hope you have a brilliant flight
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants