Flying soon but need advice about passport

Posted 20th Jan 2023 (Posted 16 h, 35 m ago)
Will be flying in a month but been growing a beard for about 3 months and I like the beard but comparing my clean shaven photo in the passport and how I look now I don’t know whether it’ll cause any issues when travelling such as at check in or immigration and such. As first time growing a beard so any advice would be helpful. Worse case scenario I’m gonna have to shave it off which i prefer to not do.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Groups

10 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks all just needed the reassurance as looking at my passport photo it’s about 2 years old when I was clean shaven and comparing to how I look now with the beard it’s different to the picture but hopefully things go well next month.
  2. Avatar
    I got rejected boarding for same reason, you'll defo need to shave it off. Mine was only one month growth too.
  3. Avatar
    The only criteria that you need to worry about...

49363006-Ofj8E.jpg
    Author
    Well I’m the not okay guess I’ll have to shave
  4. Avatar
    Beard is ok
    When you do not need a new passportYou do not need to get a new passport if you:

• change your address or contact details
    • get a new job
    • change your appearance slightly - for example, dye your hair or grow a beard
    • change your marital status (divorce, marry or form a civil partnership) but keep your name
    • change your title, for example, doctor or professor
    • become a national of another country as well as the UK
    • emigrate
    (edited)
    The problem may pop up at the other end.
  5. Avatar
    You be fine mate
    My passport is same no issues
  6. Avatar
    You should be fine but may be rejected by the e-gates in which case you'll just need to see the immigration staff at the desk
  7. Avatar
    Many people change their appearance quite constantly, hairstyles, make-up, tashes, beards, wigs, hair colouring, jewlery, etc. Don't let it bother you one little bit.
  8. Avatar
    you’ll be fine, unless you get a person having a bad day ..

my passport photo was taken when I was a clean shaven 19 year old ..

I went to America when I was 28, with a massive beard, just got asked why I was going, and what my job was, and then the comment, nice beard bro..

the issue I had was when I went to Amsterdam, and they did a full search of person and bags
Top Merchants