Expired

FM Transmitter (not for an iPod)

Found 23rd Aug 2008
Hi,

I'm after an FM transmitter with internal memory, or an SD card, since I don't really fancy taking my iPod everywhere with me (it practically lives at work where I'd be lost without it!)

Ideally, I'd like something that either:

1. Is absolutely tiny and plugs into the car charger, so it's hidden away.

2. Is like one of those small cheap/crap MP3 players, but with transmitter capabilities. So I can plug it in and update it and it charges at the same time.

Cheers!

7 Comments

As far as I'm aware FM transmitters are just that, I don't think any mp3 players actually have an FM transmitter built-in.

If you decide to buy a FM transmitter then I have one available in this thread http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231008 for £13 delivered

Banned

One here for £8.99 delivered play.com/Ele…tml

Foosball Chum;2809090

One here for £8.99 delivered … One here for £8.99 delivered http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3271297/Play-FMT-1-iPod-MP3-Micro-FM-Transmitter/Product.html

Good find, but does not have the internal memory or the SD card slot OP wants...

OP: you can find such stuff from dealextreme.com, but I am unsure about the quality.

garbage456;2809138

there are loads imported from japan that have built in fm … there are loads imported from japan that have built in fm transmittersMaxfield G-Flash NG 2GB MP3 Player and USB Flash Drivewith FM Tuner and Transmitteror1.5" LCD 1GB Car MP4 MP3 Player 1G With FM Transmitteror1.5 LCD 2GB Car MP4 Player FM Transmitter Remote SD RedorNovena V1 1GB MP3 Player Watch Integrate FM Transmitter

Fair enough, wasn't aware myself :oops: in my defence I did check some UK sites before I posted

Original Poster

Huge thanks for the links guys - tempted by the one from Play, along with a regular USB MP3 player thinking but keeping two things charged (batteries!?) would be a pain.

Those in-car ones are quite good, thank you - but again, I'm not sure if they're any good because the power point in my car is really hidden away; hence I'd need something really small and they all look quite chunky unfortunately.

Dunno, might try one of those, might just grab some CD-RWs... not sure how much hassle that is compared to one of these transmitter thingys

blizeH;2813544

Those in-car ones are quite good, thank you - but again, I'm not sure if … Those in-car ones are quite good, thank you - but again, I'm not sure if they're any good because the power point in my car is really hidden away; hence I'd need something really small and they all look quite chunky unfortunately.

Just a thought, but maybe you can find an extension cord for cars... If it exists, it should only be a few quids.
Post a comment
@
    Text