Folding guest beds...spring or foam mattress? Which is better?

7 replies
Found 8th Jan 2010
Looking for a decent (affordable, £100 max.) guest bed. Do I go for one with a spring mattress? Only I can't stand the usual cheapie thin spring mattresses. As a folding bed mattress will be quite thin, does this mean you will be able to feel the springs? Isn't foam a better option then? And slatted or spring base?
Help?

7 Comments

Theres only one way to find out.... FIGHT!!!!

get a clik clak? its superior in every way..have a look at argos and ebay? we have a sprung and the mattress is rubbish-feel sorry for any guests sleep on it! i use a feather bed on it if its used...foam ones the sofa is only good for occasional use i think...

Original Poster

plumberman01;7468751

get a clik clak? its superior in every way..have a look at argos and … get a clik clak? its superior in every way..have a look at argos and ebay? we have a sprung and the mattress is rubbish-feel sorry for any guests sleep on it! i use a feather bed on it if its used...foam ones the sofa is only good for occasional use i think...

No space for a clik clak unfortunately, it has to be a (single) folding jobbie. Thanks though. Also for confirming sprung mattress might not be the way to go. Wouldn't want my mother in law to have an uncomfortable night's sleep now, would I?

suchafunkymonkey;7468701

Theres only one way to find out.... FIGHT!!!!

lol

at that price i dont think u can get a spring one. foam the only option.

edit: woops daft me ...read that as sofa bed!?!

Original Poster

Thanks all. Think I will go for the Jay-Be Jubilee (special offer at Co-Op beds @ £111 delivered)

magicbeans;7469263

at that price i dont think u can get a spring one. foam the only … at that price i dont think u can get a spring one. foam the only option.edit: woops daft me ...read that as sofa bed!?!

i read sofa bed too:?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions