Posted 25th Feb 2022
I could really do with an alternative to the wedged trainer against the wall approach to clamping stuff I'm using powertools on.
I had a Black and Decker workbench but it was rubbish, fell apart quickly and wasn't great in use.

I've seen Keter and Worx options, with both seeming to have people fans and people complaining of instant breakage.

Anyone able to suggest something suitable for light DIY use? I'd go a little north of £100 if it's something that'll last.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    I have a normal standard black and decker style and also the Keter.
    Both have pros and cons but Id say 99% of the time I go for the keter as its very stable and is just a good all rounder...however if im doing something which requires me to clamp the piece down id bring out the trusty old black and decker.
    Though the keter does have clamps they are not designed for holding and not necessary clamping down, ie for router cutting etc.
  2. Avatar
    Why not go DIY? You'll never get a better workspace than something you've engineered and built around your own needs.
  3. Avatar
    Author
    dxx26/02/2022 00:15

Why not go DIY? You'll never get a better workspace than something you've …Why not go DIY? You'll never get a better workspace than something you've engineered and built around your own needs.

Because I'm crap at DIY, wouldn't know where to start, and don't have the time to suss it all out.
    If I had the skills and imagination it would be a consideration - but I don't unfortunately.