Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.

Found 20th Oct 2017
Camila Batmanghelidjh has been doing the rounds this week with a series of interviews promoting her new book. The book received a single very prompt and positive review on Amazon, but I am not sure that the interviews are helping if she is seeking to change perceptions or rebuild her reputation.

Is she just misunsderstood?
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
Original Poster
Not many of her answers on Victoria Derbyshire appeared at all plausible, and for many people I think she would fail to pass the smell test upon closer inspection.
I thought BATMAN was Bruce Wayne
She’s rotten to the core
majestic20121 h, 12 m ago

She’s rotten to the core

She is the fungi that grew out of compost and dung created by our society (the mess that was and still is, far too many abused and abandoned children). Why o why so many children are abused and neglected in Britain?! There was a CRB and is now DBS system in the UK, is there such an industrial scale of vetting in another country?!

She was there in the right place and right time because no one smelling of roses or true Saint grew out of such dung.
I wonder if there are such characters like her in other European countries from Norway to Greece? If not, then, she may have been a symbol of our collective action and inaction towards certain proportion of our children.
And aside from Camila Batmanghelidjh, the big question is, " How many and who did or not do what and when, and why?"
In a big infrastructure of very able men and women in :
1. A board of trustees
2. The charity commission
3. Local authorities' children services
4. Youth services agencies
5. General onlookers from subject matter experts
6. Alcohol and drugs agencies
7. Accountants and financial managers
8. Quality, governance and management
9. Members of Parliament and local councillors

No doubt a report will and may specific who? And it ain't all her.
Edited by: "splender" 20th Oct 2017
2 reviews,
32283835-rT6fZ.jpg
shadey1250 m ago

2 reviews,[Image]

Without a question, many individuals and businesses milk many charities. Laws are not broken but monies are milked without staff even knowing the bad deals or may even be lured with some personal benefits.

For example in 201x, I discovered at a medium sized Third Sector charity, annually renewed a proportion of printer photocopiers in a leasing contract. The sale proposal made this leasing contract extension sounded a bargain. But I told the leader not to believe the sales talk, but instead use an excel spreadsheet to evaluate the deal and its cost change per printer (and per print page volume) per year. Once the sum was calculated, instead of a cost reduction per printer (print volume too) as a result of contract extension, which it should be, the cost per printer went up by 50% instead. Without maths it was not easily perceived as a bad deal. This is one way how leasing companies milk money from charities and exploit staff lack of using excel spreadsheet to model cost changes with the precise wording of the deal offer. I stopped this contract extension there and then in a day.
Edited by: "splender" 20th Oct 2017
splender2 m ago

Without a question, many individuals and businesses milk many charities. …Without a question, many individuals and businesses milk many charities. Laws are not broken but monies are milked without staff even knowing the bad deals or may even be lured with some personal benefits.For example in 201x, I discovered at a medium sized Third Sector charity, annually renewed a proportion of printer photocopiers in a leasing contract. The sale proposal made this leasing contract extension sounded a bargain. But I told the leader not to believe the sales talk, but instead use an excel spreadsheet to evaluate the deal and its cost change per printer (and per print page volume) per year. Once the sum was calculated, instead of a cost reduction per printer (print volume too) as a result of contract extension, which it should be, the cost per printer went up by 50% instead. Without maths it was not easily perceived as a bad deal. This is one way how leasing companies milk money from charities and exploit staff lack of using excel spreadsheet of model cost changes. I stopped this contract extension there and then in a day.

I read "milk", there might have been the word "printer" in there somewhere too.
ITMA4 m ago

I read "milk", there might have been the word "printer" in there …I read "milk", there might have been the word "printer" in there somewhere too.

Explain more ?
splender3 m ago

Explain more ?

It means greater than
Wait did you mean something completely different?
ITMA3 m ago

Wait did you mean something completely different?

Never mind, does not matter much.
Doubt it.
I knew she was a wrongun when she sold those dinosaur embryos.

32284960-w66QY.jpg
Original Poster
shadey1216 h, 19 m ago

2 reviews,[Image]

Love the new review comment. He / she would fit in well in Misc if not here already. It has a certain Rubiscoesque quality.
Disappointing that charity closed down.

Gonna have to steal my trainers now.
ITMA15 h, 54 m ago

I read "milk", there might have been the word "printer" in there …I read "milk", there might have been the word "printer" in there somewhere too.

No doubt a report will and may specific who? And it ain't all her.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants