Groups

'Following' and ''Subscribed Info .....

Not very technical - so just after some ideas - not that it matters - but at the bottom of one of the pages i have a list of 'following users' and 'subscribed threads' - every so often one randomly changes - eg. i have just had a post that i wrote on that was last postd on in June appear - any ideas what it is all about ?

I am not knowingly following anyone - but maybe i have clicked something ?

28 Comments

Banned

doesnt it work on the last post, so if someone posts then thread reappears, or summat like that, dont see the point myself, but it saves some going into advanced search to look for posts by members that they follow about like a love sick pup

Original Poster

sassie

doesnt it work on the last post, so if someone posts then thread … doesnt it work on the last post, so if someone posts then thread reappears, or summat like that, dont see the point myself, but it saves some going into advanced search to look for posts by members that they follow about like a love sick pup

is that the followed bit - so are they following me or am i following them - sorry to be thick ! Just can't find anywhere it says

Banned

lucerysmum

is that the followed bit - so are they following me or am i following … is that the followed bit - so are they following me or am i following them - sorry to be thick ! Just can't find anywhere it says

your following them - lol

Original Poster

sassie

your following them - lol

sorry to be a pain - do you know how i did it - or to stop it if i ever need to ?

Banned

you probably had them in your buddy list before site change over, go into setting and your buddy list is there, and remove them
    Edited by: "sassie" 13th Oct 2010

I have a big list of threads on my profile, in the following users section, i have no idea what they are or how they got there.

Original Poster

jellybaby22

i had threads in my following list too... even though I dont have anybody … i had threads in my following list too... even though I dont have anybody on follow ( wouldnt know how even if I wanted too ) its all a bit odd oO

glad its not just me !

Original Poster

sassie

you probably had them in your buddy list before site change over, go into … you probably had them in your buddy list before site change over, go into setting and your buddy list is there, and remove them

will look now - thanks so much for your help (_;)

Banned

jellybaby22

^^ there is no one on my "follow" list but I get random threads appearing … ^^ there is no one on my "follow" list but I get random threads appearing ....hmmmIt would be interesting if you could know who is following you though....get a notification if someone puts you on their stalk...I mean follow... list

its usually pretty obvious oO

Original Poster

jellybaby22

^^ there is no one on my "follow" list but I get random threads appearing … ^^ there is no one on my "follow" list but I get random threads appearing ....hmmmIt would be interesting if you could know who is following you though....get a notification if someone puts you on their stalk...I mean follow... list

it says their name - so its not that exciting !

Banned

jellybaby22

for you..yeah it is blatent :D... but Im just nosey...

lol - so have you checked who is in your buddy list - i mean stalker list, or whatever the in name is these days

Banned

jellybaby22

yeah no one.. I never knew their was a buddy list ...and i dont … yeah no one.. I never knew their was a buddy list ...and i dont particulary want to follow anyone...:podd that I get random threads..must be a glitch

dont think they get such things on here oO

Original Poster

sassie1 person likes this

you probably had them in your buddy list before site change over, go into … you probably had them in your buddy list before site change over, go into setting and your buddy list is there, and remove them

even more baffled now - 1 person on 'follow' Buddy list and no one on ignore list - but i get loads onthe bottom of the page - weird !

Banned

lucerysmum

even more baffled now - 1 person on 'follow' Buddy list and no one on … even more baffled now - 1 person on 'follow' Buddy list and no one on ignore list - but i get loads onthe bottom of the page - weird !

yes you will get the last 10 threads they have posted in, same as your recent activity, the last 10 threads

Banned

jellybaby22

yeah no one.. I never knew their was a buddy list ...and i dont … yeah no one.. I never knew their was a buddy list ...and i dont particulary want to follow anyone...:podd that I get random threads..must be a glitch

You hopefully have got over your stalking now you have an on-line baby.

Banned

i have just added you to follow lucy, and your last 10 threads you posted in appear, but when you unfollow those 10 threads remain, so that is whats happening

Banned

Please don't follow me, I don't want a baby X)

Banned

lucy after a few minuted my follows is now empty, so delete your buddy and wait a few minutes then it should show as empty

Banned

Please ensure any posts are purely on topic. Anything personal and I'm likely just to action without further reference.

Banned

This is the last time I'll remove posts if another member who complains then subsequently quotes it in a following post. We're not getting involved in all this nonsense.

Now please adhere to the code of conduct and report, not retaliate.

Banned

jelly i know this is probably obvious, but why are you clicking follow to see what threads are there if you have no one on follow

Banned

sassie

jelly i know this is probably obvious, but why are you clicking follow to … jelly i know this is probably obvious, but why are you clicking follow to see what threads are there if you have no one on follow

you dont have to click on follow...if you hit PROFILE its there at the bottom to see under subbed threads

Banned

jellybaby22

Im not clicking on the sidey bit , I mean on the profile page..underneath … Im not clicking on the sidey bit , I mean on the profile page..underneath subscribed threads..there are threads..under the follow bit...but no one on my list...if that makes sense

oh right, yes it does make sense, i thought you meant the side thingy- lol

Banned

Back to the OP (_;)

There may have been a post in one of your old subscribed threads and it's been highlighted as such. However it may then have been subsequently removed by the member or one of the mods.

If you want to send me the link, I can check. If it's something else, I'll look deeper.

Banned

aScottishBloke

Back to the OP (_;)There may have been a post in one of your old … Back to the OP (_;)There may have been a post in one of your old subscribed threads and it's been highlighted as such. However it may then have been subsequently removed by the member or one of the mods.If you want to send me the link, I can check. If it's something else, I'll look deeper.

oi i been more helpful than you, so shut up and drive

i have no idea what it means but my son keeps saying it to me and i can't even drive

Original Poster

jellybaby22

Im not clicking on the sidey bit , I mean on the profile page..underneath … Im not clicking on the sidey bit , I mean on the profile page..underneath subscribed threads..there are threads..under the follow bit...but no one on my list...if that makes sense

yea - me too

Banned

could also be maybe a new member and their post hasnt appeared yet because its in the moderation line (so will reappear in your subscribed threads, because i think that works like the discussed tab, newest posts at top)

as for the follow one, i dont know, if you have no buddies then this should always be empty
    Edited by: "sassie" 13th Oct 2010

Banned

sassie

oi i been more helpful than you, so shut up and drivei have no idea what … oi i been more helpful than you, so shut up and drivei have no idea what it means but my son keeps saying it to me and i can't even drive

youtube.com/wat…v2e

naughty swearing
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions